Game Thread Palooza Day 1.....Cease vs Dunning

wegner

16 minutes ago, baseballgalaly said:

I've never been a huge Cease fan. You can't have the amount of success that Cease did in 2022 consistently when you walk as many batters as he does. 

His true level of performance is closer to 2021 and 2023 than 2022 and offers in trade going forward and yesterday were probably based on that expectation. 

The offers will only get worse from here. 2022 was his career year, I doubt Cease gets anywhere close to that again. 

Also, if the Ks start going away then his value really craters. He was having a hard time striking hitters out in 2019-20. 

They might as well bring Reynaldo back and let him start again...kind of like that time they signed Derek Holland.

Wonder what offers he will get as a 6th through 8th multiple inning reliever on the FA market...?

Edited by caulfield12

Just now, fathom said:

This is what happens when veterans who wanted to get traded….don’t.  It’s going to be so ugly the next few months.  This organization should be ashamed.

Remillard and Burger have seemed like the only two guys who really cared...they should just flat out waive Grandal.

You just KNOW he's not the most positive presence in the clubhouse right now...and the word is out all around the league.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, fathom said:

How many players on the Sox would even start for the Cubs?  Just Robert?

Just Robert, Cubs passed up the Sox quickly. Hahn built this team with glass bodies and quitters.

Edited by SoxFest23
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, fathom said:

This is what happens when veterans who wanted to get traded….don’t.  It’s going to be so ugly the next few months.  This organization should be ashamed.

The organization just doesn’t care though. It’s so painfully obvious. The Vets don’t want to be there. That’s why I said earlier I’d much rather see a bunch of young kids than your Anderson’s, Grandals, Moncadas and Eloys half assing it everyday. Get what you could for them and move on. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

Robert has no approach at the plate, it's all or nothing with him.  I'd take Bellinger right now over Robert.

The problem is he's now a $25-27.5 million per year player.

Statistically.

Baseball Savant sees lots of conflicting info between 2019 MVP profile and 2023 in terms if how he reached those numbers....obviously health is part of it as well.