8/12 White Sox vs Brewers

kwill

1 minute ago, Timmy U said:

I wanted Robert hitting, but apparently his pinkie is worse than I imagined.

his pinkie is probably fine they're just giving him a much deserved break now that there's nothing to play for. if I was Robert and the Sox were my employer, I'd be pissed they're making me show up to the job site regardless. I think my pinkie needs a bunch of x-rays by a doctor in Hawaii.

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

Reasonable people were acting like I was crazy for suggesting he should have opened the year in a platoon or Charlotte 🙂

It’s simple, if they foolishly think they can contend next year, he’s not your starting RF.  Hopefully he goes on a tear the rest of the way, but he’s at best a platoon guy right now

Just now, fathom said:

It’s simple, if they foolishly think they can contend next year, he’s not your starting RF.  Hopefully he goes on a tear the rest of the way, but he’s at best a platoon guy right now

I know he's still a rookie, etc but I see nothing in his profile to suggest  he'll be a good big leaguer

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, nrockway said:

his pinkie is probably fine they're just giving him a much deserved break now that there's nothing to play for. if I was Robert and the Sox were my employer, I'd be pissed they're making me show up to the job site regardless. I think my pinkie needs a bunch of x-rays by a doctor in Hawaii.

Might want to avoid another wildfire...

Edited by caulfield12
  • Fire 1

2 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

This game further proves zero Central teams from either league deserves a playoff spot, in addition to garbage wild cards. This four team Best of Seven League Championship Series far better than what they will slap out there in October.

I hate this, but the Cubs are really good now. Bellinger is playing out of his mind.

Just now, fathom said:

I hate this, but the Cubs are really good now. Bellinger is playing out of his mind.

That was one of the possible outcomes. Bellinger has that MVP upside and they were able to tap into it.  He's about to get 6/180.

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

But is Ricketts going to shell out for that?

Doesn't need to.  He has a President and GM who can find the next one.

Garbage organizations like the Padres overpay for past performance.

White Sox overpay for mediocre past performance on players looking to retire.

Just now, South Side Hit Men said:

Counterpoint: Bellinger is 28. It's possible he's going to be good for the next 5 years.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Timmy U said:

Counterpoint: Bellinger is 28. It's possible he's going to be good for the next 5 years.

I realize the age on him, but those 32-34 age years are likely to be what he was the past few years.

Players typically spike their final season before free agency. It happens regularly, and I expect Tim and Yoan to turn it on next season.

6 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

The Cubs are hardly the examplars of maximizing talent.

They missed by a country mile on Mancini.  Suzuki has been disappointing as well for long stretches.

What will fans do if they miss the postseason and have nothing to show for Stroman and Bellinger?

Edited by caulfield12

10 minutes ago, PitchatRisktoZisk said:

Watching a legit manager against an imposter like Grifol is a stark comparison. It's sad to see us fail at virtually every aspect of baseball. The sadder thought is this clown show of JR, Williams, and Hahn aren't going anywhere. They are why we can never have nice things. 

Game has been a clinic on good and bad managing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

The Cubs are hardly the examplars of maximizing talent.

They missed by a country mile on Mancini.

What will fans do if they miss the postseason and have nothing to show for Stroman and Bellinger?

Be content they went for it and turn their attention to Ohtani