7:40 PM CDT Chicago White Sox @ Colorado Rockies TV: NBCSCH Radio: WMVP AM 1000

f*** it, my 2022-2023 game thread record is trash regardless at this point, and I'm listening to the game. Hoping Kopech has command and keep this nearly as bad lineup limited to say 3-4 runs.

Sox are about a pick unless you have access to decent Vegas lines (Wynn and a few others).  The total is 12, not because of the offenses but because of the location and horrendous bullpens. I better not see Sheets wear a glove this weekend beyond 1B.

The Sox have two players above .700 OPS in the lineup, the Rockies with five.

On the good news front, it's nice to hear DJ back after a week off due to his hip replacement surgery. 

Edited by South Side Hit Men

• South Side Hit Men changed the title to 7:40 PM CDT Chicago White Sox @ Colorado Rockies TV: NBCSCH Radio: WMVP AM 1000

It should also be noted that Torkelson now just trails Vaughn 740 to 739 in OPS...which means Torkelson has been on a relatively tear to get there from the 600s.

Riley Greene mid 800s and Carpenter at 862.

White Sox with only Vaughn and Robert in that +700 ops category.

Edited by caulfield12

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Sosa in the lineup batting 9th.

Potential for two Lambert's in the game.

Battle for third overall draft pick in 2024 with the Sox two games behind or ahead depending on perspective.

I hope they don't get a top 6 pick next year based on the fact they would be precluded from having one in 2025, and the fact the draft class is not suspected to be as strong as 2025.

Teams that pay revenue sharing may not receive a lottery pick (i.e. top six) more than one year in a row.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I hope they don't get a top 6 pick next year based on the fact they would be precluded from having one in 2025, and the fact the draft class is not suspected to be as strong as 2025.

That will shift a lot though.

Look where Andrus Jones' son is right now.

If they're rushing the rebuild...might as well have the high pick next year...especially if it's a collegiate hitter.