7:40 PM CDT Chicago White Sox @ Colorado Rockies TV: NBCSCH Radio: WMVP AM 1000

15 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Just because of the way he looks.

And he's actually one of the fastest players on the Sox team for 2023 because he consistently hustled...and already deceptively quick for that body type.

Sprint speed has nothing to do with consistent hustle. 

Just now, South Side Hit Men said:

I know, but the Sox won't be a legitimate contender until he is 30 or older. This roster is far worse than the 2016 roster, there will be no quick turnaround.

Robert is the only player I wouldn't trade.

Yeah people need to get over it, he has nowhere to play here because of other stupid extensions and this team blows anyways. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One of the worst losses of the season, maybe the worst. A terrible team annihilates the Sox who muster four hits. What a joke of a team, organization. Remains one of the worst seasons in all our lifetimes because of the lack of effort and lack of having a clue in all regards.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

They're definitely going to threaten the worst attendance numbers in New Comiskey next season...

No reason to pencil the Sox into one's budget. Maybe go to one game for the corned beef sandwich. Why'd u go with 'new Comiskey' in your sentence? Is it gonna change names (I hope)?

30 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I know, but the Sox won't be a legitimate contender until he is 30 or older. This roster is far worse than the 2016 roster, there will be no quick turnaround.

Robert is the only player I wouldn't trade.

It's hard to see them contending for the remainder of Robert’s contract. I'd trade him too. 

38 minutes ago, Pale Sox said:

Sprint speed has nothing to do with consistent hustle. 

There is if you have watched Moncada all season long and then watched him against the Yankees.

If you run at 75-85% all of the time, obviously your times on the base paths will suffer.

7 minutes ago, baseballgalaly said:

It's hard to see them contending for the remainder of Robert’s contract. I'd trade him too. 

I'd like the team to sign him to an extension. Then again Luis may want to leave after seeing Abreu's entire productive career wasted here by POS Jerry and his incompetent cronies.

2 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Just because of the way he looks.

And he's actually one of the fastest players on the Sox team for 2023 because he consistently hustled...and already deceptively quick for that body type.

Burger actually looks like a  hairless hybrid of Mike Trout and Kyle Schwarber, not too bad.

1 hour ago, hankchifan said:

Burger 3 run homer at Dodgers Stadium tonight.   Worst Hahn’s move of the year.  Lynn won against the Marlins last night also, a 4 hitter.

To be fair no one on here was saying keep Lynn, some even wanted him Dfa'd, the fact that he is pitching better since leaving, like Diekman, like Graveman and Middleton (small sample I know) suggests that the improvement may be due to leaving the loser culture of the White Sox, or getting coached properly. The poor form of Giolito in 4 games since leaving might suggest otherwise, but it seems more than just a coincidence that so many are pitching better since leaving.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pcq said:

Whew! That was a close one. 

According to Steve and Johnnie tonight's Sox radio will be on 720 WGN. I am guessing the Bears are on 1000 their new home. 

Exhibition football played by a team leaving Chicago trumps "Championship Regular Season" White Sox baseball. Sad.

The Sox will have multiple bumped games the rest of the season:

• 9/10 at Tigers - likely bumped for Bears Pregame
  • 9/17 vs. Twins - Bumped
  • 9/24 at Boston - likely bumped for Bears Pregame
  • 10/1 vs. San Diego - Bumped

12 hours ago, ScootsMcGoots said:

Why do people still watch these games?

I always have the Sox and the Marlins on together, but usually only pay attention to the Sox game, when Robert Jr. is up . I watched the Marlins for 10 years when I lived down there, and i'm just glad that I have them to fall back on this year . I can never recall feeling this way about the Sox before . they really just disgust me.

• Fire 1

17 hours ago, fathom said:

Meanwhile, Burger with another big game.  That trade is off to a very bad start.

Total nonsense.  Now you get to watch Moncada every day FOREVER!  Burger was blocking him from reaching his true greatness. Enjoy your reward.  Best trade ever!