Ohtani torn UCL

Tnetennba

If you had to ask me the post pained fanbase, I'd really struggle.

• The White Sox seem to have the most dramatic and "what the absolute f***" situations happen to them.
  • The Mets just keep lolmets-ing and are the ultimate little brothers. Not even Steve Cohen's infinite war chest could overcome that.
  • The A's. Man, John Fisher just straight Major League'd them.
  • The Angels. Two all-time GOATS. One who had a shot at being the GOAT and another re-writing history books every game. An owner willing to spend on other generational talents (Pujols) and stars (Rendon). Less healthy than the Thibs-era Bulls.
  • The Pirates. Nutting is cheap as hell. Most noteworthy highlight of the past few years is Javy Baez clowning them.

terrible news for them.  It was asinine for the Angels NOT to sell at the deadline.  They may be as delusional as us.  I wonder what he contract drops to now that he will miss a year pitching AND the uncertainty of his arm.  I'd still offer him 350mil+ and take the gamble he pitches.

13 hours ago, Quin said:

If you had to ask me the post pained fanbase, I'd really struggle.

• The White Sox seem to have the most dramatic and "what the absolute f***" situations happen to them.
  • The Mets just keep lolmets-ing and are the ultimate little brothers. Not even Steve Cohen's infinite war chest could overcome that.
  • The A's. Man, John Fisher just straight Major League'd them.
  • The Angels. Two all-time GOATS. One who had a shot at being the GOAT and another re-writing history books every game. An owner willing to spend on other generational talents (Pujols) and stars (Rendon). Less healthy than the Thibs-era Bulls.
  • The Pirates. Nutting is cheap as hell. Most noteworthy highlight of the past few years is Javy Baez clowning them.

What do the Mets, White Sox and Angels all have in common? 

12 hours ago, baseballgalaly said:

What do the Mets, White Sox and Angels all have in common? 

11 hours ago, Quin said:

Second team status. Which the A's have for a little while longer.

That wasn’t the case for the White Sox until Jerry bought the team. Chicago attendance and performance were equivalent for both teams.

The A’s were the premier Bay Area team until the Giants built their new stadium.

The Angels and Mets were always the Angels and Mets, beyond a few magical seasons.

The A’s would have done well if they had didn’t have the worst current  MLB owner (Loria previous worst owner), and they accepted one of the two viable Bay Area options.

Shohei fallout

We’re more than 24 hours out from Shohei Ohtani’s UCL tear and we still don’t know what to do with the news. The injury could reshape his future, as Sam Blum writes, but Ken Rosenthal argues he’s still worth a $500 million contract, even if he’s just a hitter. Keith Law went more granular, arguing he’s likely worth between $70-$100 million per year.

If Ohtani opts for Tommy John surgery, two-time TJ guys told Stephen Nesbitt what the wunderkind should expect. There are even further questions: What if he skipped hitting in 2024 to recapture his pitching greatness? It’s just a lot. We also have a full explainer on what to expect from here. Whew.

• 4 weeks later...