8/31 Games

BamaDoc

1 hour ago, BamaDoc said:

https://www.mlb.com/prospects/stats/affiliates?teamId=145&date=08/31/2023

https://www.milb.com/scores/all/all/whitesox

The end of August.  Anyone else glad to see this month end?  At least some prospects did ok.

I think this was the best prospect month we've had, Eder/Bush excluded.

Speaking of Bush, was surprised to see Bryce Bush still on the ACL roster on the exclusive list. 

Batista continues to look very solid. Allowed a single in the first but Harris got the CS:

6U/6D with 3K in the second and third. Allowed a double and walk in the 4th, but stranded them with a FC to 3B and a GIDP.

The game was flying by since Kanny bats weren't doing anything either, but they're on the board now.

Nishida walk and Park single put runners at the corners to set up a Gonzo bloop RBI single. Still two on, no outs.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

I was right.  He just struck out looking at 3 pretty much down the middle and I am not MORE depressed about his chances.

I saw an infographic recently pretty much showing how almost every other 1st round college bat has been tearing it up. Much sads.

2 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

I saw an infographic recently pretty much showing how almost every other 1st round college bat has been tearing it up. Much sads.

Harold hinted that maybe that pick was bigfooted from upstairs. May not be Shirley's fault, but in a historically deep draft like this, you can't afford to shank it.