Sunday afternoon gamethread Detroit @ Sox

wegner

11 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Madrigal and Benintendi with exact same batting average now...Benintendi has him by 0.15 OPS points though after his recent "power surge."

When are all those stories going to come out about Madrigal being a bad teammate like I heard? That was another bad trade and I thought so at the time. 

7 minutes ago, wegner said:

When are all those stories going to come out about Madrigal being a bad teammate like I heard? That was another bad trade and I thought so at the time. 

That would interfere with all the local media Cubs worshipping...

And Burger part of a ninth inning rally to get the Marlins back into the WC hunt.

Edited by caulfield12

6 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

That would interfere with all the local media Cubs worshipping...

And Burger part of a ninth inning rally to get the Marlins back into the WC hunt.

Trading away 1st round picks is not working.

Not sure keeping Vaughn is working either.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, wegner said:

Since the vote of confidence for Pedro, this offense has been very anemic. They sure do love playing for him.

Getz made a huge mistake day 1 announcing Pedro return, clubhouse knows nothing changing from what it is now. Players are comfortable in mediocrity and it shows.

Edited by Soxfest
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Goober said:

What kind of sorry excuse of a starting pitcher can’t last 2 innings against the Detroit tigers

I agree with everyone else. There is no reason for Kopech to start another game this season. Probably not next season as well. His falling off the mound wind-up is awful.  

I realize the Tigers are not as bad as usual, but they shouldn't sweep anyone in their home ballpark. This season can't end fast enough.

18 minutes ago, Goober said:

What kind of sorry excuse of a starting pitcher can’t last 2 innings against the Detroit tigers

Kopech and Bummer both have looks on their faces that seem to be saying damn I suck