2023 League Championship Series

flavum

Just now, flavum said:

Honestly, I don’t care if it’s intentional as long as it’s not at the head. It’s an emotional game. If they want to give a free runner in this case, take it, and move on. Maybe remember it next year. 

The rule is that if you intentionally throw at someone the umps can throw you out. You do it and you live with the consequences.

You gotta remember that Dusty had Graveman throw at Abreu in game 5 in 2021 cause Rodon hit Altuve early in the game. When it comes to enforcing their unwritten rules, guys like Baker and TLR don't care what the situation is.

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

The rule is that if you intentionally throw at someone the umps can throw you out. You do it and you live with the consequences.

You gotta remember that Dusty had Graveman throw at Abreu in game 5 in 2021 cause Rodon hit Altuve early in the game. When it comes to enforcing their unwritten rules, guys like Baker and TLR don't care what the situation is.

So they have discretion. In my opinion, don’t throw anyone out unless punches are thrown. It’s a playoff game. You can’t have it constantly in the regular season, but in the playoffs, calm things down, send Garcia to first , and continue the game.

This is so sweet. I love how Dusty Baker not only demoralizes the opposition, but rubs their faces in it.  First La Russa and now Bochy.

Dusty Baker is the best in the business, and he is proving it this postseason. The team believes, have battled back from series deficits now twice, and is five wins away from bringing a Championship to Pito and the City of Houston.

5 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

This is so sweet. I love how Dusty Baker not only demoralizes the opposition, but rubs their faces in it.  First La Russa and now Bochy.

Dusty Baker is the best in the business, and he is proving it this postseason. The team believes, have battled back from series deficits now twice, and is five wins away from bringing a Championship to Pito and the City of Houston.

You could even argue that he refused to leave after getting ejected just to make Leclerc sit for longer.

• TLR 1