Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

38 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Again, that was early on in the negotiations. I wouldn't expect anyone to pay that kind of premium either. That was the starting point, not the end. 

Exactly.  Getz may not get what he initially asked for when he was shooting for the moon, but waiting until all of the rest of the good pitchers come off the board seems to indicate he is waiting for a team to blink and perhaps not give into his initial ask, but his secondary ask.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

1 minute ago, SkokieSox said:

My belief is he gets what he wants, or we roll with Cease OD. I’m perfectly fine with that. 

I disagree.  I don’t think Getz is going to get his initial ask (which was likely massive), and I also don’t think he wants to play with fire and watch Cease potentially get injured before the trade deadline.

1 minute ago, SkokieSox said:

My belief is he gets what he wants, or we roll with Cease OD. I’m perfectly fine with that. 

He will 100% get a deal he is happy with. I think we all agree with that.  But he will have to come down off of his current demands for it to happen.

Just now, WhiteSox2023 said:

I disagree.  I don’t think Getz is going to get his initial ask (which was likely massive), and I also don’t think he wants to play with fire and watch Cease potentially get injured before the trade deadline.

Initial ask and what he wants aren’t likely the same package

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

He will 100% get a deal he is happy with. I think we all agree with that.  But he will have to come down off of his current demands for it to happen.

I don’t buy the Reds reporter’s rumor at all.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Sure Holliday plus lol.

No reasonable person would conceivably believe that.

But isn’t that point?  Isn’t this what has been said over and over?  That Getz has demands that are too high and won’t be met? 

People have basically said that’s absurd.  

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

But isn’t that point?  Isn’t this what has been said over and over?  That Getz has demands that are too high and won’t be met? 

People have basically said that’s absurd.  

And the other teams are too low and won’t be met. Circular argument 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Definitely.  But wouldn’t it make sense that Getz is simply waiting for the other starting pitchers that may be as good as Cease to come off the market, like Snell and Montgomery?

Supply and demand.

1 minute ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Definitely.  But wouldn’t it make sense that Getz is simply waiting for the other starting pitchers that may be as good as Cease to come off the market, like Snell and Montgomery?

Supply and demand.

He can wait…never said he shouldn’t. 

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic