Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

6 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I’m curious why you say that.  Last year, as starters, that group made 68 starts, threw 362 innings (5.32 per start) and had a 4.10 ERA.   Meanwhile, the league’s starters as a whole averaged 5.14 innings per start and a 4.45 ERA.  So, ignoring our top two starters, these other guys were better than the league average.  Sounds pretty decent to me.  

Now,  @Chicago White Sox said they’d need to cover 90 starts, and as I mentioned, last year that group only started 68 games.  But, that’s partly because John Means was returning from TJ surgery and only made 4 starts at year end (to a 2.66 ERA).   Irvin is capable of starting more, and Hall is capable of chipping in, having the highest ceiling in the group.  

So no, I don’t consider that to be “rough” for the 3-5 slots.  But an addition like Cease obviously would be of benefit (even though Means, Wells and Kremer all had a significantly better ERA than Cease last year).   

Again, ERA is heavily influenced by your ballpark, your defense, and even the ability of your bullpen to strand runners.  Put these dudes on the 2023 White Sox and their ERAs would immediately sky rocket.  Kremer’s xERA last year was 4.96, Irvin’s was 5.77, and Means was 4.73 (SSS obviously).  Wells’ was 4.04 but with an 83% LOB rate which doesn’t seem sustainable.  Nothing about this crew screams championship caliber rotation.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DirtySox said:

So I'm moving to Norfolk in March. Am I close enough to be an Orioles fan next season? Lord knows the White Sox will be unwatchable unless I'm in a self hating mood.

The Griffey Jr Mariners were my 2nd fave growing up, and I re-adopted the M's after watching the Sox home opener in person. Distance matters not, find your baseball bliss!

4 minutes ago, Snowy Demon said:

To all those who use Trade simulator website, Dylan Cease for Yennier Cano, Cole Irvin, Mike Baumann, Bryan Baker and Dean Kremer is a slight overpay for the Orioles. 

The site is garbage and no one should be using it. It also said Andrew Vaughn for Mookie Betts is fair last season lol

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Right now, the thought is there is no need for him to be a starter.

But if they don’t acquire anyone, they may.  Elias has consistently said he thinks Hall is a starter.

Which virtually all GMs will do when discussing their pitching trove of treasures...Getz will be talking about Kopech once again.

Edited by caulfield12

5 minutes ago, Snowy Demon said:

To all those who use Trade simulator website, Dylan Cease for Yennier Cano, Cole Irvin, Mike Baumann, Bryan Baker and Dean Kremer is a slight overpay for the Orioles. 

I’m afraid you already missed the deal the two boards agreed upon

IMG_0473.jpeg

• Thanks 1

I'm not catching up, just posting my new proposal

• Dylan Cease
  • NFL #1 overall draft pick
  • Zach LaVine (Wizards relocate to Baltimore, not Virginia as part of the agreement)

For 

• Jackson Holliday
  • Baltimore's Marching Ravens
  • Atlantic trading rights
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Snowy Demon said:

Over the years it seems the team receiving the most players loses the trade in hindsight.  I'll take quality over quantity every time.  These 5 for 1 deals make me cringe.  I want the two best players Getz can get...and one of them should be starting in right field for the 2024 team.

1 minute ago, DirtySox said:

Interesting that James mentioned the Mariners.

Listened to this podcast earlier today.  I like the CHGO crew but I think Sean’s list was pretty off.  Yankees were like 10th or 11th.  The Red Sox & Giants were both pretty low.

I still don’t get the Mariners fit, but the more the merrier.

2 hours ago, Bob Sacamano said:

You're more than welcome to go back to your own board if you don't want to continue discussing the same thing in circles with a side that is "wrong"

I appreciated the insight at first, but when it became 'anyone that disagrees is wrong', the act wore thin pretty quickly. Talk about wearing out your welcome.

• Like 1

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic