Cameron Maybin: Yankees facial hair rule deters free agents

Quin

2 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Agree with the decades part but not the past 13 seasons since George died in 2010. They are a top revenue team and top payroll team, but have thankfully sucked ass since George died. For people thinking Michael Reinsdorf will be an improvement, think again. 

I mean, if the rule of thumb is that son = inverse of father...?

But also AKME's failure is a better argument.

27 minutes ago, SCCWS said:

It happens with the Yankees but it can also be a rule in other companiesas well.  I think it is dumb but the owner can make "some rules" and if a player doesn't like it he can go elsewhere. Obviously a ton of very talented -players have followed the rule in order to play for the Yankees. 

The problem obviously is that the players can't "Go Elsewhere". Probably a majority of even the Yankees roster has been assembled through methods other than free agency - the draft and trades, where players can't pick where they go.

Juan Soto wants to grow a beard this year and demands his release from the Yankees as a consequence. Are the Yankees going to comply?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Quin said:

I mean, if the rule of thumb is that son = inverse of father...?

But also AKME's failure is a better argument.

Wasn’t the hiring of AKME universally praised over GarPax? Part of the problem is Jerry and Paxton are still around, same as Jerry and TLR.

Still hard to believe Michael will try to field championship teams. They inherited Jordan, done little since.

Jerry at least claims to be a baseball fan, though sadly a fan of a team from the 1940s and 1950s, plus of course David Eckstein.

1 minute ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Wasn’t the hiring of AKME universally praised over GarPax? Part of the problem is Jerry and Paxton are still around, same as Jerry and TLR.

Still hard to believe Michael will try to field championship teams. They inherited Jordan, done little since.

Jerry at least claims to be a baseball fan, though sadly a fan of a team from the 1940s and 1950s, plus of course David Eckstein.

They were praised!

And now they've done a horrendous job and instead of trying to fix over the past few years, they've been like KW/Hahn in their stubborness in standing pat with their team that gets injured and has bad fit.

They should have blown it up last year when players had value and they could have tried to keep their own draft pick, but they had to make a push for .500 and the 8th seed.

10 minutes ago, Quin said:

They were praised!

And now they've done a horrendous job and instead of trying to fix over the past few years, they've been like KW/Hahn in their stubborness in standing pat with their team that gets injured and has bad fit.

They should have blown it up last year when players had value and they could have tried to keep their own draft pick, but they had to make a push for .500 and the 8th seed.

I don’t follow the NBA anymore, so thanks for the explanation. 

If I were a Bulls fan, I wouldn’t be happy the family plans on keeping the team. Imagine if Jerry didn’t inherit Jordan. Moving Krause from the Sox to the Bulls was the one thing Jerry did right competitively as owner of either team. 

At least Sox fans have some hope of regime change possibly within this decade. 

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

The problem obviously is that the players can't "Go Elsewhere". Probably a majority of even the Yankees roster has been assembled through methods other than free agency - the draft and trades, where players can't pick where they go.

Juan Soto wants to grow a beard this year and demands his release from the Yankees as a consequence. Are the Yankees going to comply?

Let me know when a player of his caliber goes rogue for the Yankees.  I doubt it happens but it would be fun to watch.  He probably will have millions of reasons to keep his face clean for 6 months, tho

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

Who is forcing Juan Soto to be employed in major league baseball?

11 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Let me know when a player of his caliber goes rogue for the Yankees.  I doubt it happens but it would be fun to watch.  He probably will have millions of reasons to keep his face clean for 6 months, tho

I honestly just want a player that grows intense five o'clock shadow to wake up late for a crucial game and watch Boone have to explain why he sat them.