2/25 - Sox @ Diamondbacks

Heads22

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

The Dom Fletcher hate is kinda weird.  Guy has the potential to be the best Sox RF since 2016 Adam Eaton.  Now that isn't a huge bar to clear, but he looks like a pretty easy 2 WAR floor guy, with upside for quite a bit.  Not sexy by any means, but a nice role player type.  This Adam Engel comp is nuts and doesn't even make sense.  

It’s not about like or hate. It’s about assessing what the Sox need to do to build the first credible sustained core since Himes did and was shitcanned for his efforts.

Dumping future solid prospects for players who at best can possibly contribute a couple wins on  current and future 60ish win teams is not smart.

I don’t care whether Jerry, Tony, Getz and Pedro continue to lie out of their asses about this not being a rebuild. This is a complete tear down and rebuild.

If they want to improve the current team, find, spend some money on legitimate free agents. If not, stop doing stupid s%*# and spend your time efforts on building the future, not being a boarding home for senior league baseball or mortgaging the future for Grindy McGrinder and MLB Senior League tryouts.

• Like 3
  • Paper Bag 1

57 minutes ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/mlb/diamondbacks/2024/02/25/prospect-cristian-menas-velocity-popping-at-dbacks-camp/72739130007/

Because of course. 

Mena has been there for 3 weeks and is already topping at 96. 

Dumb trade, Sox are idiots and can't develop talent. 

If this article was written about literally anyone else but Mena, Sox fans would be blowing this off as spring training fluff.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

If this article was written about literally anyone else but Mena, Sox fans would be blowing this off as spring training fluff.

I would be excited if I heard a positive report about Cease's spring velocity. Or Crochet's. Or Kopech's. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I would be excited if I heard a positive report about Cease's spring velocity. Or Crochet's. Or Kopech's. 

Weird, there was a mention of Cease hitting 97 the other day and basically it went unnoticed.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Weird, there was a mention of Cease hitting 97 the other day and basically it went unnoticed.

But plenty of handwringing when Cease was topping out at 91-92 first few days after reporting.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

Because of course. 

Yeah, when local Sox beat writers put out something like this, they're brown-nosing to keep access. Any other market, tho, it's the God's honest truth. LOL. 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Quin said:

He just made a trade that echoes KW and RH's worst moves.

Okay, this is getting quoted, so I'm going to say that No it doesn't. 

If you think Christian Mena will have the impact that Fernando Tatis or Marcus Semien, you keep on pretending, dude. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

Okay, this is getting quoted, so I'm going to say that No it doesn't. 

If you think Christian Mena will have the impact that Fernando Tatis or Marcus Semien, you keep on pretending, dude. 

Gallantly ignores Chris Bassitt and Gio Gonzalez (for Nick Swisher)

5 hours ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/mlb/diamondbacks/2024/02/25/prospect-cristian-menas-velocity-popping-at-dbacks-camp/72739130007/

Because of course. 

To be fair, this could be said about so many Sox moves and is hardly unique. I'm not defending the trade, but it is far too soon to make any declarative statements either way.