Chicago Public Schools Appreciation Days - Free Tickets vs. Atlanta Monday, April 1 (1:10 PM) and Tuesday, April 2 (6:40 PM)

Have a feeling there will be similar type "appreciation" days throughout the season to fill up the substantial unsold ticket inventory due to the undeclared tanking / rebuild.

https://www.mlb.com/whitesox/tickets/specials/cps-appreciation

Apparently Monday April 1 is a "CPS School Improvement Day", so the CWS & CPS are not encouraging truancy on this date.

I removed the Sunday March 31 game from the title as free tickets are shown as sold out via the White Sox website link above.

Make memories with family and friends, as we launch Chicago Public Schools (CPS) Appreciation Days, offering complimentary tickets to upcoming White Sox home games vs. Detroit on Sunday, March 31 (1:10 p.m.) and vs. Atlanta on Monday, April 1 (1:10 p.m.) and Tuesday, April 2 (6:40 p.m.).

Complete the form below by noon on Monday, March 18 to secure tickets for your household.

Offer is available only to registrants who are eighteen (18) years of age or older and a Chicago Public School administrator, teacher, student of age, or parent/legal guardian of a minor student. Advanced registration is required; no walk-up ticket registration will be permitted. Tickets can only be redeemed on the day of the game. No advance pick-up. Limited tickets available.

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Thanks 1
  • Paper Bag 1

• South Side Hit Men changed the title to Chicago Public Schools Appreciation Days - Free Tickets vs. Atlanta Monday, April 1 (1:10 PM) and Tuesday, April 2 (6:40 PM)
47 minutes ago, cuban_sammiches said:

Do you guys remember the straight As/perfect attendance tickets they used to give away?

That is how I was able to go to Sox games as a kid, and why I'll forever love Bill Veeck for creating the program. 

Also why I linked this, hopefully families and kids who normally can't afford to attend games can take advantage of this and other programs, buy Jerry some goodwill beyond his stadium ask.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Hamhock said:

They still have a variation on that called the Good Grades Program.

These days they use the Sox as more of a stick than a carrot...get some Ds? Go spend 3 hours at the park watching the grass grow in between a 6-2 snoozer. No phone or tablet allowed. That will learn 'em up.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

These days they use the Sox as more of a stick than a carrot...get some Ds? Go spend 3 hours at the park watching the grass grow in between a 6-2 snoozer. No phone or tablet allowed. That will learn 'em up.

Cheap/free Sox tickets being forced on kids is the equivalent of sitting in the corner and staring at the wall with a dunce cap on.  🤣

Edited by WhiteSox2023

My little league team always went to a Cub game. My parents bribed me with Sox tickets if I made straight A's.

I eventually just bought my own damn tickets. The system was rigged against me lol