3/16 - Giants @ Sox, and Sox @ Mariners

26 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

I'd like to believe the utility infielder battle is between Remillard and Danny Mendick. Shewmake's only sticking around because he's on the 40-man. 

Does anybody know if the Mariners' lineup is more opening day-geared than the Giants'? Joey Bart is a red flag of "B team" for me. That being said, Kuhl seems to be having a better day than Woodford. Thorpe may make the opening day roster, yet. 

Both the Mariners and Giants are playing split squads too so it's a mixed bag, but I would say Mariners have more of their main guys vs. the Sox. Giants have Chapman, Soler, Conforto, etc. in their other game.

I think Shewmake is still in the running for bench IF. His baserunning especially is a plus for him, stole his 6th today.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, wegner said:

2 walks and a hit by pitch.....Montoya ball

I would have to see more before saying I’d like to see him converted to a full time hire, but definitely like the sound of Manager Montoyo for Memorial Day Weekend. 

Would have liked it last year around that time as well,.

Edited by South Side Hit Men
It’s Montoyo, not spell check converted Montoya.
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

You haven't heard the Nationwide jingle... so far...

Why would you say such a cruel thing? You are clearly not on my side.

image.jpeg

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, wegner said:

Why would you say such a cruel thing? You are clearly not on my side.

image.jpeg

I pray to all that is good and holy it doesn’t return. I’m just bracing myself for if and when it does. Sure won’t help me warm up to Schriffen’s overzealous hype-man stylings or Steve Stone’s ever increasingly condescending tone 🤦🏽‍♀️

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

I pray to all that is good and holy it doesn’t return. I’m just bracing myself for if and when it does. Sure won’t help me warm up to Schriffen’s overzealous hype-man stylings or Steve Stone’s ever increasingly condescending tone 🤦🏽‍♀️

Hype-man is the perfect description.  Schriffen should be a WWE commentator.

• Paper Bag 1

1 hour ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Hype-man is the perfect description.  Schriffen should be a WWE commentator.

It just sounds phony to me, and quickly got on my nerves last game. Add in Stone’s ever increasing org boot licking and we have the makings of a pretty terrible booth. 

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1