4/1 Braves @ White Sox, 1:10pm CT

7 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I wonder if @WestEddy and @poppysox have pulled their rip cords on this team yet.

Well, I was doing pulmonary tests at Rush, so I was only observing the game on CBSsports. 

Maddening. I'm not sure what rip cords I'm going to pull. I'm a White Sox fan. 

I had an uncle who was a Chicago Cardinals fan. He fucking hated the Bears. When they moved to St. Louis, he became a Packers' fan. 

I'm a Sox fan. It's a slog. I'm sad about Clevenger. Maybe if the Sox are so irresponsible, they'll make him throw 210 pitches in his first start, and he will morph, and have two left hands on his tally-whacker, and nothing on his shoulders. Then he'll seek out and rape Trevor Bauer. Then all of baseball's troubles will be over. 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

Well, I was doing pulmonary tests at Rush, so I was only observing the game on CBSsports. 

Maddening. I'm not sure what rip cords I'm going to pull. I'm a White Sox fan. 

I had an uncle who was a Chicago Cardinals fan. He fucking hated the Bears. When they moved to St. Louis, he became a Packers' fan. 

I'm a Sox fan. It's a slog. I'm sad about Clevenger. Maybe if the Sox are so irresponsible, they'll make him throw 210 pitches in his first start, and he will morph, and have two left hands on his tally-whacker, and nothing on his shoulders. Then he'll seek out and rape Trevor Bauer. Then all of baseball's troubles will be over. 

Hope you are doing well.  This is worse than I expected but the irony of baseball is that they lost 3 straight 1 run games and could be 3-1 right now instead of 0-4.  The problem is that they don’t have the lineup to win these tight games and they have just about the worst manager in baseball that won’t make the right decisions for them to win any of these close games.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

And seriously, when the Sox don't set their loss record, will you be summoning all of the a-holes who predicted that to tell us why they were so wrong?

Loss records don’t matter to me.  50 to 70 wins.  It’s all bad and doesn’t get you to competing for anything.

50 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

I'm sad about Clevenger. Maybe if the Sox are so irresponsible, they'll make him throw 210 pitches in his first start, and he will morph, and have two left hands on his tally-whacker, and nothing on his shoulders. Then he'll seek out and rape Trevor Bauer. Then all of baseball's troubles will be over. 

🤣

You forgot about Julio Urias.  Clevinger and Bauer would have to make a trip over to his house as well.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Completely expected.  Worst bottom half of the order in baseball.  It’s barely AAA quality.

Totally expected. The last five hitters today couldn't get a hit off Brother Rice's No. 1 starter. Ah, that's hyperbolic and untrue I guess. I just wanted to write Brother Rice in a sentence. In that clip it looked like under 100 people remained in the stands in the eighth inning.

p.s. I was thinking about this. I know all about the secondary market and cheap tickets but in terms of basic economic theory, can you imagine a Sox fan paying 45 bucks for a lower level seat and paying 20 for parking and then buying a good amount of concessions? Economic theory tells me that's one of the worst deal for the consumers ever, if indeed they want the Sox to win and are not a fan of the opponent. FOR THE MONEY a Sox game has to be one of the worst deals of the upcoming spring/summer. Even if you love the corned beef, pizza, shakes, whatever, it's grossly overpriced for the amount of consumer enjoyment. I know minor league games are costing way too much but I'd think a minor league game in the Chicago area would be a better deal.

Edited by greg775
  • Like 1
  • Fire 1

4 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Totally expected. The last five hitters today couldn't get a hit off Brother Rice's No. 1 starter. Ah, that's hyperbolic and untrue I guess. I just wanted to write Brother Rice in a sentence. In that clip it looked like under 100 people remained in the stands in the eighth inning.

Ironically, my son just told me Brother Rice is renovating their entire baseball field in the near future.  I wonder if the Sox will keep pace and get their new park.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Dan of Steel said:

I genuinely thought this team might be the worst team in baseball going into the season.  

4 games into the season, I think we can drop the "might be" portion. 

It’s just about a crime what Getz has given us this year with this roster, I’ve never been this depressed in all my years as a Sox fan, I don’t whether to cry or scream.

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Fire 1

15 hours ago, fathom said:

Pedro will tell him how the team could easily be 3-1

With 3 one run losses...he wouldn't be wrong.  Many thing to like about the pitching and defense.  The offense...not do much.

14 minutes ago, poppysox said:

With 3 one run losses...he wouldn't be wrong.  Many thing to like about the pitching and defense.  The offense...not do much.

Do you trust this terrible offense managed by numbskull Grifol to ever win many close games?  That’s the problem.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, poppysox said:

The pitching hasn’t been good.  The one true positive so far has been Crochet’s opening day start.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Mighty Mite said:

It’s just about a crime what Getz has given us this year with this roster, I’ve never been this depressed in all my years as a Sox fan, I don’t whether to cry or scream.

Me too! That's why I haven't watched a single pitch or at bat. This organization and ownership group doesn't care about the fan, so why should I care about them. At least when Bill Veeck owned the team there was fun at the old ballpark. At one time I was a loyal fan.

• Love 1