4/12 Reds @ Sox 6:40 CDT

2 hours ago, Milkman delivers said:

I was there, but didn’t hear it. Shame. I would’ve joined in.

Milk, no offense meant, but why did u go to the game tonight and how much did you spend for parking, tickets and food/drink? I'm just curious why anybody would choose to attend a Sox game unless it was totally free. More power to you, though.

• Like 1
  • Paper Bag 1

46 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Milk, no offense meant, but why did u go to the game tonight and how much did you spend for parking, tickets and food/drink? I'm just curious why anybody would choose to attend a Sox game unless it was totally free. More power to you, though.

Mostly to eat. Get an urge for ballpark food every once in a while. Sometimes to enjoy the weather (not tonight).

Tickets were from a resale site. No parking. Probably spent about $40 or so on food for myself.

44 minutes ago, Goober said:

Friday night attendance = 11,337 poor souls

Gotta be closer to half that actually in attendance.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Milkman delivers said:

Mostly to eat. Get an urge for ballpark food every once in a while. Sometimes to enjoy the weather (not tonight).

Tickets were from a resale site. No parking. Probably spent about $40 or so on food for myself.

I hear you on the food. How'd you get off with no parking fee? Good for u. 40 bucks isn't so bad for delicious ballpark food, the only good thing about a Sox game. Watching Bong play and Nicky Lopez, they should pay the fans money for stomaching that.

8 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I had more fun watching the Masters.

Without a doubt but I was in the golf business for 15 years when I lived in Naples and of course I’m an avid golfer and huge fan of the PGA tour especially for the Masters, the greatest golf tournament on the planet.

Edited by The Mighty Mite

5 hours ago, Milkman delivers said:

Did you pound a Campfire Milkshake?

30 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Just have to flush it. White Sox train with Pedro at the wheel slows down for no one.

Gonna be back biting necks tomorrow

5 hours ago, greg775 said:

I hear you on the food. How'd you get off with no parking fee? Good for u. 40 bucks isn't so bad for delicious ballpark food, the only good thing about a Sox game. Watching Bong play and Nicky Lopez, they should pay the fans money for stomaching that.

Live in the area so just walk. Gotta be honest, I didn’t watch the game very much. Mostly watched the occasional pitch between conversations. Usually didn’t even know who was batting.

1 hour ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Did you pound a Campfire Milkshake?

Didn’t make it up to the stadium club. I’ve actually never even been up there. Do you have to pay extra to get up there?

It was too cold for that crap anyway. I talked myself out of the soft serve sundae and rainbow cone because of the weather. Settled for a churro.

Edited by Milkman delivers
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Milkman delivers said:

Live in the area so just walk. Gotta be honest, I didn’t watch the game very much. Mostly watched the occasional pitch between conversations. Usually didn’t even know who was batting.

Didn’t make it up to the stadium club. I’ve actually never even been up there. Do you have to pay extra to get up there?

It was too cold for that crap anyway. I talked myself out of the soft serve sundae and rainbow cone because of the weather. Settled for a churro.

Your story would be great for TV piece in a long dismal season. A Sox fan admitting he went to the game just for the delicious food and didn't even really watch the game. Prolly more Cincinnati fans than Sox fans at the game today I'd think.