Cousin DFA'd for Cannon call up

Assuming cousin goes unclaimed on waivers, I wonder if he is able to be assigned back to the minors. It was obvious that his contract required him to be added to the 40 man this past off-season, but one would think it had similar language if this scenario were to have played out.

Must be leading MLB for the worst series of $1-3 million signings in both intl and Tier C free agency going back the last five years or so.

Benintendi gets all the attention...and Hahn's veteran bullpen additions, but developing almost nothing on the position player side is another significant factor in putting the Sox behind the 8 ball.

• Like 2
  • Fire 1

11 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Assuming cousin goes unclaimed on waivers, I wonder if he is able to be assigned back to the minors. It was obvious that his contract required him to be added to the 40 man this past off-season, but one would think it had similar language if this scenario were to have played out.

I don’t see how he gets claimed. He hasn’t even thrown a pitch in the minors yet this season.

Edited by Bob Sacamano

3 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Maybe the move to Tennessee is coming, with everyone being Cousins and all.

Tennessee at least has Nashville, relative cosmopolitan-ness.

Might want to keep going further south to AL, MS or perhaps WV.

28 minutes ago, Pants Rowland said:

Perfect Strangers' reunion! See what Balki and Larry look like now

Cousins are the best

I had done a memory dump on that damn show....thanks alot although I'd maybe prefer it to a Sox game these days.

• Haha 1