AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!@!@

16 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Is this the place for a victory lap or am I required to be miserable ?

This is a Friday night and the place for the Paul Dejong fan club....so yes miserable.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Looks like a solid win, only caught a couple innings. Keep starting Lee.

Maldonado isn't an upgrade defensively and Lee has like an OPS 600 points higher. There's no real reason for him to start more than 1/3 of the games.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, PaleAleSox said:

Sorry for some of you that it looks like they will actually win more than 20 games. 

I may have predicted 20-35 wins but that's before they 'finally' changed the roster a bit. Thank goodness for the tinkering. I wish they'd make a few more moves. ... None of us want the team to lose BTW. You have to admit without some of the recent additions (we all know who they are) the Sox would still be losing eight of every 10 games or 9 of 10 IMO.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wegner said:

This is a Friday night and the place for the Paul Dejong fan club....so yes miserable.

I'll give him credit for belting six homers and I assume he's been playing a dandy SS (I don't watch the games so I dunno). If he keeps this up and is not an automatic out as he was early on I will be a happy camper and praise him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I'll give him credit for belting six homers and I assume he's been playing a dandy SS (I don't watch the games so I dunno). If he keeps this up and is not an automatic out as he was early on I will be a happy camper and praise him.

He's pretty much been a 2 war player when healthy rate wise for his career. He was a better choice than TA, as many here said at the time, and is really the least of our problems. Hopefully he has some trade value if he keeps up this solid starting play.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

He's pretty much been a 2 war player when healthy rate wise for his career. He was a better choice than TA, as many here said at the time, and is really the least of our problems. Hopefully he has some trade value if he keeps up this solid starting play.

It's amazing how bad a player Tim Anderson is. He's hitting .197 I see and I assume he's no Ron Hansen at shortstop still. Boots too many. One has to think his career is in jeopardy. He might be toast.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, greg775 said:

It's amazing how bad a player Tim Anderson is. He's hitting .197 I see and I assume he's no Ron Hansen at shortstop still. Boots too many. One has to think his career is in jeopardy. He might be toast.

What’s amazing is how nearly instantaneously he fell off the cliff.

1 hour ago, JoeC said:

What’s amazing is how nearly instantaneously he fell off the cliff.

I think it’s interesting how him and Jonathan Schoop were such similar players that came up around same time and both fell off a cliff offensively around same time.

30 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

f*** around, find out. Quite literally

I have a friend from outta town and not a Sox fan who described TA last season as "that guy who's wife put a curse on him"

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, almagest said:

I'll never get tired of winning against that dickhead Naylor

I am right there with but would add Jose Prison Face Ramirez to the list also?

The look on Prison Face when Cleveland lost the appeal, and he was given an error was priceless

Edited by Falstaff

7 hours ago, greg775 said:

I may have predicted 20-35 wins but that's before they 'finally' changed the roster a bit. Thank goodness for the tinkering. I wish they'd make a few more moves. ... None of us want the team to lose BTW. You have to admit without some of the recent additions (we all know who they are) the Sox would still be losing eight of every 10 games or 9 of 10 IMO.

I don't know about that. Seemed like some people very much want them to lose thinking that would invoke some sort of change or something.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, wegner said:

I have a friend from outta town and not a Sox fan who described TA last season as "that guy who's wife put a curse on him"

The memories of TA and Abreu destroying Detroit pitching was sweet. 

• Like 1