5/22 - 6:07pm - White Sox ( suck ) vs Toronto Maple Leafs

10 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I have been trying to give him the benefit of the doubt, but tonight’s game proved it. Schriffen is as minor league as the Sox roster.

When the controversy erupted with him I reached out to a long time source who was heavily involved in broadcasting operations at the Major League level.

They told me they got a number of calls from more highly qualified individuals who were asking for advice regarding the Sox opening. What they were looking for...how they should approach Brooks et al.

This person told me out of the people who reached out, comparing their track record to the guy Brooks hired, it was like night and day.

Brooks apparently hired an individual who really didn't have much of a track record or "feel" for baseball.

Who can explain things like this? 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

this might be the game that breaks me.

It's ALL about the draft, because trade returns are going to be pretty negligible.

Kopech and Pham will get you a B/C prospect (traded individually)...play around and package them together to see if that helps.

Not seeing these massive Fedde returns coming, but who knows...

19 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

South Side, staaaaaand up!

I hope we play the cubs and get swept, with their broadcast guy the saying, “Southside, SIT DOWN.”

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

It's ALL about the draft

So lame that the CBA terms for the draft really f*** us in the ass… setting up with the 5th and 1st pick in two drafts sure would be nice instead of 5th and 10th.

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Schriffen is going to talk to Getz tomorrow about what it takes to build up the minor league system. 

The f*** if I know will be the answer.

1. no Latin players 

2. ??????

3. Sign Nicky Lopez

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

Don't worry,  Getz knows what he is doing.

See my avatar.

So our great former Director of Player Development and current GM, whose entire offseason strategy was to acquire crappy defensive-minded veteran position players to give our prospects more time to develop in the minors and to also ease their transition to the majors, apparently has no clue when a prospect is actually ready for the majors.

Nastrini was pitching like dogshit recently in AAA.  What made our great GM think he was ready for the bigs?  Did he flip a coin to decide like Two-Face in Batman?

Getz is no better than a little kid playing MLB The Show.  He is just starting the clock on all of these guys with zero rhyme or reason and simply hoping some of them succeed.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I have been trying to give him the benefit of the doubt, but tonight’s game proved it. Schriffen is as minor league as the Sox roster.

He’s just as fucking lame as Benetti was. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, hi8is said:

So lame that the CBA terms for the draft really f*** us in the ass… setting up with the 5th and 1st pick in two drafts sure would be nice instead of 5th and 10th.

I actually think we do better out of the top ten. 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

1. no Latin players 

2. ??????

3. Sign Nicky Lopez

#2 is overpay a catcher who should’ve retired last year because he will surely develop our young pitching prospects.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1