3 hours ago3 hr 5 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:I have mixed feelings, I think he made improvements this year but still has some bizarre moments. I’m OK if he returns next year.I think he has improved as well, but still in over his head. You would probably have to sign him for multiple years. That isn’t attractive to me. I hope they move on. He does appear to be a nice guy.
3 hours ago3 hr 7 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:I have mixed feelings, I think he made improvements this year but still has some bizarre moments. I’m OK if he returns next year.He's isn't from what I'm hearing and what others have heard. And you have JR's direct quotes that I posted from my friend who had lunch with him recently.
3 hours ago3 hr 13 minutes ago, wegner said:That's terrific.And I concur that it is a great time here.Yep, no one expected the Sox to compete for the division, fell just short but it was a fun ride, despite all our bitching, moaning and complaining. It's what we do as Sox fans haha
3 hours ago3 hr 6 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:He's isn't from what I'm hearing and what others have heard. And you have JR's direct quotes that I posted from my friend who had lunch with him recently.Fill me in. Was it Schriff related?My feelings ahve always been that Schriff makes a better national announcer then he does home team. Also just feels to me like he lacks so much confidence in the booth.
3 hours ago3 hr 28 minutes ago, hankchifan said:Schwarber is close behind.I wonder if Philly fans say sit him
3 hours ago3 hr 11 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:He's isn't from what I'm hearing and what others have heard. And you have JR's direct quotes that I posted from my friend who had lunch with him recently.I hadn’t heard the quotes, can you post them.
3 hours ago3 hr 27 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:I think he has improved as well, but still in over his head. You would probably have to sign him for multiple years. That isn’t attractive to me. I hope they move on. He does appear to be a nice guy.I agree. Scriff seems like a real good dude. And has a real good voice, but I just don't know. There's something about it. He's too repetitive
3 hours ago3 hr Feels like a poorly kept secret that Schriffen won’t be back, yet all I’ve seen is innuendos. Don’t care either way, but I enjoyed him at times this season
3 hours ago3 hr 15 minutes ago, JoshPR said:Gotta say summer flew by. Hard to believe the season is overBuddy do I have news for you!
2 hours ago2 hr 21 minutes ago, fathom said:Feels like a poorly kept secret that Schriffen won’t be back, yet all I’ve seen is innuendos. Don’t care either way, but I enjoyed him at times this seasonDo you expect someone to actually ask the question?
2 hours ago2 hr Today's game I was in a calm state, Zen like, I just knew. Even when Richards came in, I had zero angst, totally relaxed.
1 hour ago1 hr 1 hour ago, JoshPR said:I agree. Scriff seems like a real good dude. And has a real good voice, but I just don't know. There's something about it. He's too repetitiveScriff home run calls are annoying.
1 hour ago1 hr 1 hour ago, fathom said:Feels like a poorly kept secret that Schriffen won’t be back, yet all I’ve seen is innuendos. Don’t care either way, but I enjoyed him at times this seasonYou think the Altuve slip up was the last straw? Edited 1 hour ago1 hr by chw42
1 hour ago1 hr 2 hours ago, MexSoxFan#1 said:When Ozzie gets excited, it's hard to understand what he's saying, and I'm Hispanic tooNeed to consider adding subtitles to Ozzie broadcasts.
1 hour ago1 hr 1 hour ago, JoshPR said:Gotta say summer flew by. Hard to believe the season is overThe post season has not started yet. It’s never over until it’s over , even though ESPN gave the Sox 0% chance of winning the World Series, the only playoff team with this ranking.
1 hour ago1 hr 4 hours ago, Whisox05 said:Hate to say it but kolson needs to ride the pine and put sam/Chase infield.Have him grab some bench, Hawk style.
1 hour ago1 hr 2 minutes ago, Falstaff said:Sox led the AL in runs, and was third in homers , outstanding!!!We need to pepper the Astros short LF porch with a few homers.
1 hour ago1 hr 2 hours ago, CBJ03 said:Im aware its a record but I just dont understand why it needs to be pointed out constantly. Situational hitting is when K's matter but does it matter if a guy rolls over to 2nd or strikes out? Its an out either way.Putting the ball in play is always better than a K, as anything can happen.
1 hour ago1 hr 2 hours ago, Colome's Hat said:My feelings ahve always been that Schriff makes a better national announcer then he does home team. Also just feels to me like he lacks so much confidence in the booth.Mine have been that I want to learn about the game I'm watching. Steve Stone gives good insight. Hawk and Wimpy were great in opening the player aspect of the game up to the listener. Schriff doesn't project much knowledge. If he played college ball, he should at least speak like a ball player.
1 hour ago1 hr Third time in my life the Sox lost a pennant or division by one game.1964 (Yankees), 2020 (Twins), 2026 (Guardians)
1 hour ago1 hr 2 hours ago, Colome's Hat said:Fill me in. Was it Schriff related?My feelings ahve always been that Schriff makes a better national announcer then he does home team. Also just feels to me like he lacks so much confidence in the booth.That was part of it.I'll summarize the conversation as I was told.My friend has been connected to the organization for a long time and got together with JR.They had a long discussion.From what I was told, JR told him there would not be any baseball played next year. (I assumed JR knows what the feeling among the other owners is and remember he's on the six man committee advising Manfred on labor matters)As far as broadcasting my friend told me JR said to him that he knows Schriffen "isn't a baseball guy." JR asked my friend what he thought and my friend told him, "I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt but he's just not very good."My friend asked JR what he was going to do given his contract is up and JR said, "You know that I don't do anything when there is a labor issue."My assumption (repeat assumption) is that when (if) baseball is played again Schriffen will say that he's found other work, the Sox won't object and that like when Ed Farmer passed away unexpectedly they'll promote someone in-house (Connor?) to temporarily hold the position and start a national search when the season is over for a permanent replacement.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.