Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Schriffen: "It's been an amazing three years". Implies that them calling Sox games together is over. Could Stone be on his way out?

Featured Replies

5 minutes ago, Green Line said:

The rudest interaction I ever had at Soxfest was with the Chairman of the Board himself. What a grouch.

Antonacci?

  • Replies 112
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • If Schiff is gone, I'm never standing up again.

  • I can’t believe there are people that think McKnight is good. I get not liking Schriffen, but McKnight has just as many warts.

  • Bob Sacamano
    Bob Sacamano

    I actually think a "cookie cutter" PBP guy would be an upgrade over a non-baseball guy like Schriff at least

Posted Images

They did do a national search the last time and Schriff was not the first pick. I know of a few people who got a very close look. Wonder if they will be considered this time around again.

25 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

Antonacci?

Fucking beat me to it.

@ron883

34 minutes ago, almagest said:

At least right now I kinda get it because isn't Frank suing the team? But before that it seemed like petty grudges. Same with AJ - he criticized the team and now he's on Jerry's bad side, even though AJ loved his time here and still roots for the Sox.

Frank has always seemed soft and easily offended.

54 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Frank has always seemed soft and easily offended.

Yeah, I will always be a big fan of Frank, but he has always been insecure and the other things that go along with being an insecure person. I think it's easy enough to chalk it up to his background or whatever so it's not like I think he's a bad person or something, but it's hard to deny even if he has sometimes been right to point some of the fingers that have been pointed. Some of the fingers pointing at him were right too.

7 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

I will believe it when I see it, and with the off season we have in store, who knows when that will be.

Yes. The Sox are a tough nut as far as franchise normalization. Soon.

3 hours ago, Snopek said:

I say put mics in front of Chuck and Ozzie during the broadcasts and let whatever happens happen.

Absolutely 👍

Although that won’t be normal behavior. Ah well.

3 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Look if there was a pay feed to hear Ozzie's thoughts live during a game, I would be all over it.

Can AI translate him?

5 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Sox twitter is the worst. People are really trying to argue that John losing his job is some sad sack moment? GMAFB. In most universes that don't have an owner like JR, John is still doing slam ball and random Big East basketball games. He was over promoted. Oh well.

His best broadcast of the season was an LA Sparks wnba game.

Didn't know most of the bench players on either roster.

But much more enthusiastic for basketball.

Reported top contender three years ago Mike Monaco did a lot of US Open tennis quite well.

Karl Ravech would be my choice...but salary demands likely too high, unless he has some unknown Chicago ties?

45 minutes ago, Jake said:

Yeah, I will always be a big fan of Frank, but he has always been insecure and the other things that go along with being an insecure person. I think it's easy enough to chalk it up to his background or whatever so it's not like I think he's a bad person or something, but it's hard to deny even if he has sometimes been right to point some of the fingers that have been pointed. Some of the fingers pointing at him were right too.

Yeah, it's not like he is a bad or horrible person, but it definitely explains a lot of his off of the field stuff.

1 minute ago, Chick Mercedes said:

Can AI translate him?

Better hope he's not drinking or that his Spanish words aren't accurately translated.

AI CGI can insert Beltin' Bill Melton somehow as well.

Edited by caulfield12

2 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

Can AI translate him?

There are things even AI cannot handle.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.