20 hours ago20 hr 3 hours ago, 77 Hitmen said:So, here's where we stand as of today:1) There is a God/We Got the Pope2) Don't fire GetzI want to see sustained success. Any GM can get lucky. The farm system will tell the truth and not those mythical farm system rankings. I'd prefer to be like the Dodgers/Yankees and not afraid to spend instead of small market Brewers/Rays. Small markets have a smaller margin of error. What I hope will be different is other players would want to play here.
20 hours ago20 hr Damnit, where is @Look at Ray Ray Run. I need him here mocking me for cheering for Doyle getting a hit!
20 hours ago20 hr 2 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:I want to see sustained success. Any GM can get lucky. The farm system will tell the truth and not those mythical farm system rankings. I'd prefer to be like the Dodgers/Yankees and not afraid to spend instead of small market Brewers/Rays. Small markets have a smaller margin of error. What I hope will be different is other players would want to play here.Yeah, I was just joking about how the mood of this board wildly swings with each losing streak and hot streak. Edited 19 hours ago19 hr by 77 Hitmen
19 hours ago19 hr 36 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:I still don't trust him and think he'll do it againNor should you trust him until he has sold the team.
19 hours ago19 hr 6 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:Nor should you trust him until he has sold the team.They were knocking his post game comments on Foul Territory. Making a positive using a negative.
19 hours ago19 hr 43 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:Damnit, where is @Look at Ray Ray Run. I need him here mocking me for cheering for Doyle getting a hitthe truce is off and I’m here for it
19 hours ago19 hr 1 minute ago, 35thstreetswarm said:the truce is off and I’m here for itPeople that can't occasionally laugh at themselves are the worst. I wrote so much wrong stuff on Getz and who GAF. I'd rather be wrong every fucking season and win a playoff series than be right and lose 100+.
19 hours ago19 hr 48 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:Damnit, where is @Look at Ray Ray Run. I need him here mocking me for cheering for Doyle getting a hit!He decided to bounce when Doyle started hitting and when Colson kept making errors.
19 hours ago19 hr 3 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:the truce is off and I’m here for itNo no no Ray was saying that about Doyle like two days ago lol. This is me addressing NEW info not dragging out old s%*#!
19 hours ago19 hr 2 minutes ago, ron883 said:Super Trooper Carl Foster plays baseball in his spare time
19 hours ago19 hr 1 minute ago, Kyyle23 said:No no no Ray was saying that about Doyle like two days ago lol. This is me addressing NEW info not dragging out old s%*#!People need to realize that with this coaching staff players can improve and that they are working well with the scouting staff. Doyle was ID'd as a guy that had some team control left and could be had for a bucket of balls, but also someone with some talent and someone they could hopefully improve mechanically.
19 hours ago19 hr 8 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:People that can't occasionally laugh at themselves are the worst. I wrote so much wrong stuff on Getz and who GAF. I'd rather be wrong every fucking season and win a playoff series than be right and lose 100+.That seems to be the theme today.
19 hours ago19 hr 49 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:Nor should you trust him until he has sold the team.Yeah, but he's not from Winnetka. Jerry knows the South Side and he has my complete trust.
19 hours ago19 hr 2 minutes ago, 77 Hitmen said:Yeah, but he's not from Winnetka. Jerry knows the South Side and he has my complete trust.The southside of Brooklyn or Arizona?
18 hours ago18 hr 23 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:The southside of Brooklyn or Arizona?South Side of Brooklyn, Highland Park, and Scottsdale.
18 hours ago18 hr 1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:That seems to be the theme today.We want names of said people!
16 hours ago16 hr 2 hours ago, Autumn Dreamin said:Shuko Yamamoto on Instagram and Xhttps://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=351875997061577&id=100071400620082 Edited 16 hours ago16 hr by caulfield12
16 hours ago16 hr 20 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:No way I'm taking part in this conversation except to say my kids were approaching 20 years old in 2005. 🤣Facebook had been around for one year, Obama was a senator, and Pope Leo was just a Sox fan named BobStolen from somewhere on the Internet yesterday
1 hour ago1 hr 18 hours ago, ron883 said:Fedde was just asking for some Photoshop / AI-generated memes.
37 minutes ago37 min 15 hours ago, Texsox said:Facebook had been around for one year, Obama was a senator, and Pope Leo was just a Sox fan named BobStolen from somewhere on the Internet yesterdayMy oldest was born about a week after the parade. Now I have two kids in college. I was working downtown then and watched the parade go by on LaSalle from the CBOT. Even got my pic with the trophy at a phone shop just around the corner there.
3 minutes ago3 min 28 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:My oldest was born about a week after the parade. Now I have two kids in college. I was working downtown then and watched the parade go by on LaSalle from the CBOT. Even got my pic with the trophy at a phone shop just around the corner there.Watching from the good ole Ceres Cafe eh
1 minute ago1 min 1 minute ago, ron883 said:Watching from the good ole Ceres Cafe ehNah, right out the back exit of the exchange. I was more of a Hole in the Wall kind of guy than Ceres.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.