Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ALDS Game 1: White Sox at Guardians. Saturday, 12:00 PM

Featured Replies

8 hours ago, pcintelligence said:

Sox went 7-6 v Guards no dreaming.

Should have been 8-5.

  • Replies 58
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • CaliSoxFanViaSWside
    CaliSoxFanViaSWside

    In hindsight it wasn't so bad losing the division and getting the Wild Card series. It got the Sox engines revved up and gave them confidence.

  • “ WE'RE GONNA GET ON A PLANE AND WE'RE GONNA HEAD TO CLEVELAND, OHIO. SOMEBODY'S POURING ALCOHOL DOWN MY PANTS. AND WHAT WERE GONNA DO IS SHOW UP, PLAY WHITE SOX BASEBALL AND WE'RE GONNA KICK SOME ASS

  • Bonemer, I Hardly Know Her
    Bonemer, I Hardly Know Her

    Devil Magic Guardians are no match for God's team. Sox in 3.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, hawkeyesox said:

I like to think the Sox management are looking to re- shape their whole approach to pitching and roster construction

Total moneyball strategy on pitching staff.

Get 12-14 good arms out there and get 27 outs every nite as a group effort nitely.

30 million/year starters kill your ability to be nimble. That guy has arm trouble you are screwed. Spread good money among 14 guys with power arms. Everybody can go 2-3 innings and everybody gets plenty of work.

The way arms break down these days just spread the risk.

part of me wonders how much easier it is as a manager to coach a bunch of kids who aren't multi millionaires (yet) and haven't become jaded because they're rich. money changes everyone.

I often think about this when it comes to MIL, TB, and CLE. obviously their front office is limited from the start, but I wonder if their front office would prefer it that way because young talented and cheap players are a lot easier to mold into the kind of players for that particular system/philosophy

This is no longer a "magical" season and whatever happens, we're good.

I want blood this series. I want to beat the hell out of Cleveland. f*** those guys. Crush'em.

3 hours ago, PaleAleSox said:

Sox win the series 3-1. Cleveland’s rest will kill their luck mojo.

I got tickets for a game 4 so this would be absolutely amazing.

1 hour ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Noted Cubs fan Bruce LeVineLine actually made a decent point on The Score this morning that this series favors Venable and the Sox bullpen as they will have two days of rest between each game. So Venable can go a bit wild with his bullpen usage as he loves to do.

Probably nitpicking, but I gotta say I don’t think Venable actually LOVES going wild with his bullpen usage. I think what he WOULD love is having a couple starters that he can bank on going 6 innings, but he’s doing what he can with the very flawed roster he was given.

The overall point stands though. The extra rest is huge for the Sox pitching strategy.

with days off between game 1 and game 2 and another one before game 3 I imagine we just go bullpen games for the first one for sure then Burke starts game 2 with a short leash. I kind of like the bullpen games when we have days off, all 12-13 guys should be available to throw including starters during the season.

Go Go White Sox! What a great series. Next up the Indians

Is it Saturday yet?

10 hours ago, Green Line said:

I don't think Davis Martin should pitch in the next series unless they completely run out of pitchers. Please god no.

Hasn't he been significantly better his last 4 starts?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.