Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2027 Rotation

Featured Replies

12 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

Davis is better than Richards. He has some skills that perhaps can be further developed.

They need to sign a starter...there are several mid-tier FA starters available.
Trading for veteran starting pitchers is a losing proposition. The Sox made a terrible buy in July...but it wasn't just the Sox - most of the buys were bad. Last Offseason -Gore, Baz. Yuk. And the Sox history this century has largely been abysmal when trading for staring pitching. The ones we've traded away have been good; perhaps that's the answer. Draft better or trade for others' young pitxhers and keep them.

Taj Bradley would be a good example here...Ofc the White Sox don't normally go after pitchers going into their more expensive arbitration years.

Gavin Floyd from past Sox teams, guys with obvious talent not meshing with current teams or pitching coaches.

The Mariners had a number of younger guys underachieving or struggling. The Sox just happened to trade for the most expensive guy they knew had already passed his expiration date. They also have two of the best pitching prospects in baseball sacked up behind.

  • Replies 139
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • caulfield12
    caulfield12

    Getz will still be hyping Castillo as being in the best shape of his lifetime coming into ST.

  • southsider2k5
    southsider2k5

    I am going to be honest here, 2005 to 2006 is in the back of my head, where we rode our top dogs hard, and then they fell off the next year for the most part. If it were me, I am 100% looking for big

  • AntMan26
    AntMan26

    Why the hell are we having conversations about getting rid of grant taylor when he literally just had one of the best relief performances in postseason history.

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

If they have this much money, he would have sat on the contract until next year. No need to trade him AND have to push Smith into the deal because of it.

They didn’t want him on the roster. I’m not justifying the trade, just what I assume to be their logic. I am one to believe in sunk costs and would have just taken the loss on the Dominguez deal. Jerry is going to Jerry however.

14 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

They didn’t want him on the roster. I’m not justifying the trade, just what I assume to be their logic. I am one to believe in sunk costs and would have just taken the loss on the Dominguez deal. Jerry is going to Jerry however.

Same logic led from Kimbrel QO to Pollock to Benintendi...just ended up digging a bigger hole financially.

Getz has to attack the pitching market before the lockout. Go get 2 starters and a closer.

1 minute ago, Boopa1219 said:

Getz has to attack the pitching market before the lockout. Go get 2 starters and a closer.

Good luck with that

1 minute ago, Boopa1219 said:

Getz has to attack the pitching market before the lockout. Go get 2 starters and a closer.

It's really not a great free agency year. Especially for closers. I believe the only good ones are Iglesias and Bednar. The Yankees probably bring Bednar back and can outbid us. Iglesias is going to be 37, so I don't know how much longer he'll still be elite.

1 minute ago, Boopa1219 said:

Getz has to attack the pitching market before the lockout. Go get 2 starters and a closer.

I wonder how free agents will approach the impending lockout? Take deals now or wait?

Here's a question....if you are a free agent and not on a 40 man roster, can you be signed to a minor league deal during a lockout?

On 10/9/2026 at 6:31 PM, caulfield12 said:

Same logic led from Kimbrel QO to Pollock to Benintendi...just ended up digging a bigger hole financially.

I've never minded Beni mostly because I hated Pollock so much.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Good luck with that

Before or right after. They have to be aggressive out of the gate

2 minutes ago, chw42 said:

It's really not a great free agency year. Especially for closers. I believe the only good ones are Iglesias and Bednar. The Yankees probably bring Bednar back and can outbid us. Iglesias is going to be 37, so I don't know how much longer he'll still be elite.

I think Hader will be available. Morejon as a closer could be interesting.

1 minute ago, Boopa1219 said:

Before or right after. They have to be aggressive out of the gate

I think Hader will be available. Morejon as a closer could be interesting.

I think Morejon wants to start. He's really just a more expensive Newcomb.

2 minutes ago, Boopa1219 said:

Before or right after. They have to be aggressive out of the gate

I think Hader will be available. Morejon as a closer could be interesting.

As Lip reported and others have noted, Jerry doesn’t like to be active until he knows what the CBA will be

I'm assuming the game plan is to put Schultz and Smith in the starting rotation in 2027.

6 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

I'm assuming the game plan is to put Schultz and Smith in the starting rotation in 2027.

Ugh

I wish people would stop considering Shane Smith as an option. He was a flash in the pan for one season and I dont see him coming close to that again. I wouldnt be opposed to them resigning Newcomb as a starter. But yes they need to load up with sp options one way or another and learn from their opener/overuse mess. Im not sure they will.

2027 rotation:

Burke

2nd/3rd year player on an innings limit

2nd/3rd year player on an innings limit

failed trade acquisition

FA that nobody else wanted

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Recently Browsing 1

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.