Friday at 10:32 PM1 day 12 minutes ago, GreenSox said:Davis is better than Richards. He has some skills that perhaps can be further developed.They need to sign a starter...there are several mid-tier FA starters available.Trading for veteran starting pitchers is a losing proposition. The Sox made a terrible buy in July...but it wasn't just the Sox - most of the buys were bad. Last Offseason -Gore, Baz. Yuk. And the Sox history this century has largely been abysmal when trading for staring pitching. The ones we've traded away have been good; perhaps that's the answer. Draft better or trade for others' young pitxhers and keep them.Taj Bradley would be a good example here...Ofc the White Sox don't normally go after pitchers going into their more expensive arbitration years.Gavin Floyd from past Sox teams, guys with obvious talent not meshing with current teams or pitching coaches.The Mariners had a number of younger guys underachieving or struggling. The Sox just happened to trade for the most expensive guy they knew had already passed his expiration date. They also have two of the best pitching prospects in baseball sacked up behind.
Friday at 11:15 PM1 day 1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:If they have this much money, he would have sat on the contract until next year. No need to trade him AND have to push Smith into the deal because of it.They didn’t want him on the roster. I’m not justifying the trade, just what I assume to be their logic. I am one to believe in sunk costs and would have just taken the loss on the Dominguez deal. Jerry is going to Jerry however.
Friday at 11:31 PM1 day 14 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:They didn’t want him on the roster. I’m not justifying the trade, just what I assume to be their logic. I am one to believe in sunk costs and would have just taken the loss on the Dominguez deal. Jerry is going to Jerry however.Same logic led from Kimbrel QO to Pollock to Benintendi...just ended up digging a bigger hole financially.
12 hours ago12 hr Getz has to attack the pitching market before the lockout. Go get 2 starters and a closer.
12 hours ago12 hr 1 minute ago, Boopa1219 said:Getz has to attack the pitching market before the lockout. Go get 2 starters and a closer.Good luck with that
12 hours ago12 hr 1 minute ago, Boopa1219 said:Getz has to attack the pitching market before the lockout. Go get 2 starters and a closer.It's really not a great free agency year. Especially for closers. I believe the only good ones are Iglesias and Bednar. The Yankees probably bring Bednar back and can outbid us. Iglesias is going to be 37, so I don't know how much longer he'll still be elite.
12 hours ago12 hr 1 minute ago, Boopa1219 said:Getz has to attack the pitching market before the lockout. Go get 2 starters and a closer.I wonder how free agents will approach the impending lockout? Take deals now or wait?Here's a question....if you are a free agent and not on a 40 man roster, can you be signed to a minor league deal during a lockout?
12 hours ago12 hr On 10/9/2026 at 6:31 PM, caulfield12 said:Same logic led from Kimbrel QO to Pollock to Benintendi...just ended up digging a bigger hole financially.I've never minded Beni mostly because I hated Pollock so much.
12 hours ago12 hr 1 minute ago, fathom said:Good luck with thatBefore or right after. They have to be aggressive out of the gate2 minutes ago, chw42 said:It's really not a great free agency year. Especially for closers. I believe the only good ones are Iglesias and Bednar. The Yankees probably bring Bednar back and can outbid us. Iglesias is going to be 37, so I don't know how much longer he'll still be elite.I think Hader will be available. Morejon as a closer could be interesting.
12 hours ago12 hr 1 minute ago, Boopa1219 said:Before or right after. They have to be aggressive out of the gateI think Hader will be available. Morejon as a closer could be interesting.I think Morejon wants to start. He's really just a more expensive Newcomb.
12 hours ago12 hr 2 minutes ago, Boopa1219 said:Before or right after. They have to be aggressive out of the gateI think Hader will be available. Morejon as a closer could be interesting.As Lip reported and others have noted, Jerry doesn’t like to be active until he knows what the CBA will be
2 hours ago2 hr I'm assuming the game plan is to put Schultz and Smith in the starting rotation in 2027.
2 hours ago2 hr 6 minutes ago, WBWSF said:I'm assuming the game plan is to put Schultz and Smith in the starting rotation in 2027.Ugh
2 hours ago2 hr I wish people would stop considering Shane Smith as an option. He was a flash in the pan for one season and I dont see him coming close to that again. I wouldnt be opposed to them resigning Newcomb as a starter. But yes they need to load up with sp options one way or another and learn from their opener/overuse mess. Im not sure they will.
2 hours ago2 hr 2027 rotation: Burke2nd/3rd year player on an innings limit2nd/3rd year player on an innings limitfailed trade acquisition FA that nobody else wanted
1 hour ago1 hr On 10/8/2026 at 11:33 PM, fathom said:Another issue they will have to navigate is none of the young guys built up their innings total. Gonna be a lot of restrictions once again next year.Noah Schultz threw 121, Taylor threw 90 and Hagen threw 93. All are career highs.
1 hour ago1 hr 13 minutes ago, WestEddy said:Noah Schultz threw 121, Taylor threw 90 and Hagen threw 93. All are career highs.The youngsters showed real promise. What do you think the reason is Davis Martin fell off the face of the earth? Do you think he is injured?
1 hour ago1 hr 1 minute ago, Falstaff said:The youngsters showed real promise.What do you think the reason is Davis Martin fell off the face of the earth? Do you think he is injured?He wasn't that good to begin with and regressed to his mean IMO.
1 hour ago1 hr 35 minutes ago, joejoesox said:2027 rotation:Burke2nd/3rd year player on an innings limit2nd/3rd year player on an innings limitfailed trade acquisitionFA that nobody else wantedand whatever becomes of Davis Martin
1 hour ago1 hr 7 minutes ago, Falstaff said:The youngsters showed real promise.What do you think the reason is Davis Martin fell off the face of the earth? Do you think he is injured?Calf injury. Prevented him from being able to push off. Was dealing with it all year and it got worse.
1 hour ago1 hr 3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:He wasn't that good to begin with and regressed to his mean IMO.His April, May, and June starts had me going, that's why I was thinking injury. I think your take is more accurate.
1 hour ago1 hr 1 minute ago, Falstaff said:His April, May, and June starts had me going, that's why I was thinking injury. I think your take is more accurate.He could be something, but he also could be Esteban Loiaza.
1 hour ago1 hr 27 minutes ago, Falstaff said:The youngsters showed real promise.What do you think the reason is Davis Martin fell off the face of the earth? Do you think he is injured?Calf injury. He's another one - his 146 IP is the highest in his career (by 2).
43 minutes ago43 min 1 hour ago, WestEddy said:Noah Schultz threw 121, Taylor threw 90 and Hagen threw 93. All are career highs.That’s not good though if they want to make these guys starters on a full time basis next year
37 minutes ago37 min 6 minutes ago, fathom said:That’s not good though if they want to make these guys starters on a full time basis next yearBig innings jumps is likely what wiped out Shane Smith, fwiw.Has gone through so many injuries and career set backs from his college days.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.