2 hours ago2 hr This team has given everything they have this season. The last two games have shown that maybe they have just finally run out of gas. Honestly I don't know how they have made it this far with virtually no starting pitching. Just look at the other teams in the playoffs, they all had at least a couple dominate starters and some even more than that. If the Sox would of had a couple of shutdown starters they wouldn't of lost these last 2 at home. Also some of the young guys have hit a major wall and all the pressure of winning these last 2 really got to them. I'm not blaming them at all, it just sucks. Maybe they can pull a rabbit out of the hat one more time Saturday.
2 hours ago2 hr 2 hours ago, PaleAleSox said:Jesus christ, man. Yeah, and the Guardians could lose, too.I was expressing that no wild card team has advanced to demonstrate that it’s not likely we take game 5.And yet, someone felt a need to correct me to point out that it’s not likely for us to win game 5.😆🤦🏻♂️I’m going into it expecting a loss and hoping with every fiber of my being that I’m surprised.
2 hours ago2 hr I feel bad. Last time I felt this bad was when we had just blown the division and were limping into a Houston house of horrors where we never win, against the playoff team that has the best championship pedigree outside LA.
2 hours ago2 hr 1 minute ago, 35thstreetswarm said:I feel bad. Last time I felt this bad was when we had just blown the division and were limping into a Houston house of horrors where we never win, against the playoff team that has the best championship pedigree outside LA.Nice way to look at it. I too felt really bad about facing Houston. At the time I grabbed my green lucky Sox hat and wore it the day before game time.I’ve got that same hat firmly on my head in this very moment.LETS FUCKING GO WHITE SOX!!! SHOCK THE WORLD AND WIN THE GUARDIAN WAR!!!!!!
2 hours ago2 hr 9 hours ago, hogan873 said:There's no doubt this pitching staff is gassedI’m wondering if Martin and Kay have undisclosed injuries they’re trying to shield and are waiting to disclose in the offseason.
2 hours ago2 hr 9 hours ago, hogan873 said:There's no doubt this pitching staff is gassed. Taylor and Smith for sure are on fumes. On paper, the deadline trades gave the Sox arms for the postseason. That obviously did not work...at all. We just need a few more innings from a few guys, giving up minimal runs and hope the offense does enough.Regardless of the outcome, it's been an amazing season. If it was any other team but the damn Guardians, I wouldn't care as much. But I hope they go into Cleveland and play like they did in games 1 and 2. Then cover the visiting locker room in champagne and beer again.100%It’s big time. I pray to all things holy that THIS is the year they take down Cleveland. For me tomorrow feels like game 7 of the World Series for this club in 2026.
1 hour ago1 hr 8 hours ago, oldsox said:Is Grant Taylor gassed or hurt?I think he’s gassed and his pitches were being given away. For every batter he faced, there was a runner on second… and every runner was relaying both location and pitch type.Something about how Taylor sets up is giving his pitches selection away from behind and Teels setup is giving away location.That needs to be cleaned up and he needs to be brought in for a clean inning. He also HAS to get his curve in the zone for called strikes.If they do that and if he does that… he can shut the door.
1 hour ago1 hr 2 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:They certainly can, the question is will they?The Sox deserve credit for taking advantage of circumstances to produce an unexpectedly good season for them, no question.But to potentially urinate away a 2-0 lead in a best of five? That would be hard to take, it's only happened a handful of times and I don't know if it has ever happened when you won the first two games on the road.That would be a crusher.I might have the numbers wrong, but I think they said after Game 2 that teams who lost the first two Division Series games at home were 3-22 in attempting to win the series since this format began in 1995.So, the Sox would be in very exclusive company if they piss this series away since other team who won the first 2 on the road went on to win the series 88% of the time.
1 hour ago1 hr 8 hours ago, PaleAleSox said:Cleveland’s pitching situation is just as dire as ours currently so it’s impossible to predict. Just win.Will be a HUGE top of the 1st. Gotta be patient and jump on balls in the zone. Put runs up early and get ahead from jump. Take the crowd out of it and steal the momentum.Pump up Burkey.
1 hour ago1 hr 7 hours ago, Quin said:No fucking around with Burke on the mound.If Burke doesn’t have it, Schultz has to be our backup plan.
1 hour ago1 hr 7 hours ago, Rowand44 said:I made a bad decision last night and bought tickets and will be on my way to Cleveland tomorrow morning. I don't want this fuckin thing to end.Make another bad decision and get me a plane ticket to Cleveland so I can paint my face black and join you!
1 hour ago1 hr 5 minutes ago, hi8is said:Make another bad decision and get me a plane ticket to Cleveland so I can paint my face black and join you!um
1 hour ago1 hr 5 hours ago, hogan873 said:To me, this series is our World Series.We’re in the same boat. LFGWS!!!
1 hour ago1 hr 4 hours ago, chw42 said:I'm still pissed about losing the division to Cleveland. Much like the path we've taken this series, we had a firm grasp on the division and pissed it away. Doing it again in the playoffs will suck even worse and really put a damper on this otherwise amazing season. If this series was against anyone else in the AL, I probably won't even care that much. But blowing it twice to those slapdick motherfuckers in Cleveland would leave a bad taste in my mouth.Exactly. And you just KNOW this team wants to win the war against Cleveland.Take what we’re feeling and amplify it by a million.Our guys won’t go down without a fight and I want them to shock the world.This story isn’t over.
1 hour ago1 hr 3 hours ago, Rowand44 said:Officially No opener tomorrow. Sean’s game.GO TIME!!! GIVE US THE START OF YOUR LIFE BURKEY!!!
1 hour ago1 hr 1 hour ago, Bill The Boy said:Naw, Milkman, I think it's just a feeling of mental exhaustion from the last two days, and that'll soon pass as we gear up for the big game tomorrow!This 100%. I had to go for a walk last night during the game to cool off. Gotta just decompress a bit. We've all posted a fuckload this year. I see the 2027 rotation thread is still pretty active, so people are talking, just not about stuff so raw.
1 hour ago1 hr Author 18 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:This 100%. I had to go for a walk last night during the game to cool off. Gotta just decompress a bit. We've all posted a fuckload this year. I see the 2027 rotation thread is still pretty active, so people are talking, just not about stuff so raw.I'll stick with - regardless of what happens - this is easily a top 5 season in my White Sox fandom when I think of my enjoyment. Probably Top 3. I think I'd have '05, '00 and than this year. In fairness, I quite enjoyed the COVID squad as well (but hard to count it when it was a short-season). I'm not saying best Sox squads - more favorite seasons. Edit: 94 probably has to be in the list as well. Born in '83 so I'll start my memory from beginning of '90's.
1 hour ago1 hr 2 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:Can't say it enough: player's families need to get the hell off social media. Now Kay's family is chirping? You're not the main character, shawdup!Or people need to get a life, treat players and their families like people, and show some fucking respect.
1 hour ago1 hr 3 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:I'll stick with - regardless of what happens - this is easily a top 5 season in my White Sox fandom when I think of my enjoyment. Probably Top 3. I think I'd have '05, '00 and than this year. In fairness, I quite enjoyed the COVID squad as well (but hard to count it when it was a short-season). I'm not saying best Sox squads - more favorite seasons.Edit: 94 probably has to be in the list as well. Born in '83 so I'll start my memory from beginning of '90's.They had a post-season appearance in 2021 as well if you don't want to count 2020
1 hour ago1 hr 2 hours ago, Milkman delivers said:Pale Hose Talk seems pretty dead for a team that is going to a game 5 in the ALDS. I’m guessing we’re all pretty down on the team/our chances.There’s not much to talk about. Put up or shut up. Win or go home. Matches are set. Teams known. It’s go time.Pretty much all that’s left is a 26 hour wait.
1 hour ago1 hr 1 hour ago, AntMan26 said:Or more. Offense really needs to light them up. I think we need to score 9 or 10 to win it.It is our turn to put big numbers on the board. This team has it in em.
1 hour ago1 hr 1 hour ago, hi8is said:I’m wondering if Martin and Kay have undisclosed injuries they’re trying to shield and are waiting to disclose in the offseason.Martin has already stated that he's been dealing with a leg injury (hamstring?) if I remember right.
1 hour ago1 hr 45 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:umLast time I painted my face black was for the ALCS in LA for that game 5. Before the woke police were a thing.It’s about sports fandom. Not race.Clear that up?
1 hour ago1 hr 3 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:Martin has already stated that he's been dealing with a leg injury (hamstring?) if I remember right.Yea… I think there may be more going on with him and Kay likely also is battling something undisclosed.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.