1 hour ago1 hr Just now, Lip Man 1 said:They certainly can, the question is will they?The Sox deserve credit for taking advantage of circumstances to produce an unexpectedly good season for them, no question.But to potentially urinate away a 2-0 lead in a best of five? That would be hard to take, it's only happened a handful of times and I don't know if it has ever happened when you won the first two games on the road.That would be a crusher.It has. Texas in 2015 was the last time.
1 hour ago1 hr 27 minutes ago, ron883 said:I'm glad they did that.Me too, it could prove to be important Saturday night.
1 hour ago1 hr Just now, Lip Man 1 said:Me too, it could prove to be important Saturday night.It was dumb and panicky by Vogt but it also shows how little trust he has in certain people in his bullpen in high leverage situations.
1 hour ago1 hr 6 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:They certainly can, the question is will they?The Sox deserve credit for taking advantage of circumstances to produce an unexpectedly good season for them, no question.But to potentially urinate away a 2-0 lead in a best of five? That would be hard to take, it's only happened a handful of times and I don't know if it has ever happened when you won the first two games on the road.That would be a crusher.It happened to the A's against the Yankees, and the Rangers against the Blue Jays, and the Reds against the Giants.
1 hour ago1 hr 6 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:They certainly can, the question is will they?The Sox deserve credit for taking advantage of circumstances to produce an unexpectedly good season for them, no question.But to potentially urinate away a 2-0 lead in a best of five? That would be hard to take, it's only happened a handful of times and I don't know if it has ever happened when you won the first two games on the road.That would be a crusher.It happened in 2015. Rangers won the first 2 in the ALDS on the road then the Blue Jay won 3 straight. Just as rare though is the road team winning every game in the series. One of them is going to happen. Hopefully the latter.
1 hour ago1 hr I would have been fine with Newcomb opening, I also kind of love just giving Burke the ball. He’s our guy, let him do this.
1 hour ago1 hr 8 minutes ago, HoosierSox said:It happened in 2015. Rangers won the first 2 in the ALDS on the road then the Blue Jay won 3 straight. Just as rare though is the road team winning every game in the series. One of them is going to happen. Hopefully the latter.Happened in the 2019 World Series
1 hour ago1 hr Can't say it enough: player's families need to get the hell off social media. Now Kay's family is chirping? You're not the main character, shawdup!
1 hour ago1 hr I looked this up. Only twice has a road team won all the games in the LDS. In 2010, the Rangers won the first two games all 3 of their games at the trop. In 2012, the Giants went down 0-2 in San Francisco before storming back to take the next 3 in Cincy. If you recall, that was the year where they changed the order of the LDS due to the second wild card.
1 hour ago1 hr Pale Hose Talk seems pretty dead for a team that is going to a game 5 in the ALDS. I’m guessing we’re all pretty down on the team/our chances.
57 minutes ago57 min 27 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:Can't say it enough: player's families need to get the hell off social media. Now Kay's family is chirping? You're not the main character, shawdup!Haven't seen what is being said. At the end of the day fans need to remember that these players are humans and their families are going to defend the person. While I agree that its best for families to keep quiet, fans should be respectful.
42 minutes ago42 min 39 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:Can't say it enough: player's families need to get the hell off social media. Now Kay's family is chirping? You're not the main character, shawdup!Dang it, Chi, I hope I haven't been guilty of any of that. I don't have Facebook, or Instagram, or X, or any social media stuff whatsoever, but I hope I haven't been considered a "chirper" on this forum this season! 🫣
39 minutes ago39 min 21 minutes ago, Milkman delivers said:Pale Hose Talk seems pretty dead for a team that is going to a game 5 in the ALDS. I’m guessing we’re all pretty down on the team/our chances.Naw, Milkman, I think it's just a feeling of mental exhaustion from the last two days, and that'll soon pass as we gear up for the big game tomorrow!
31 minutes ago31 min The offense needs to open the game like they did at the beginning of the first two . good patient at bats and going the other way . Burke needs to pitch the game of his life.
29 minutes ago29 min 56 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:Can't say it enough: player's families need to get the hell off social media. Now Kay's family is chirping? You're not the main character, shawdup!What did they say now?
21 minutes ago21 min Peavy44/killer k weighs in on the "Green Bay Sucks" chants. Can't say I disagree. Preach!
19 minutes ago19 min Man that game yesterday was so electric to be at. Its really too bad it all got pissed away. The Guardians can f*** off. They get all puffy chested because they because they think they might be the best team in the AL central. Buncha clowns who regularly s%*# the bed in the playoffs against superior teams. Congrats jerks you managed to win 2 games against a team with no SPs and shut up the home crowd. That will be the highlight of their year. Bringing in Kay was my least favorite decision of the night. He is firmly in do not use unless emergency territory. Dude cant throw strikes.
17 minutes ago17 min 3 minutes ago, ron883 said:Peavy44/killer k weighs in on the "Green Bay Sucks" chants. Can't say I disagree. Preach!I was at the game and most of the time it was Cleveland sucks. Why does this dude care so much to get thrown out of the game about it?? If its GB sucks I dont mind I think its fun. Gotta mix up the chants every now and then!
17 minutes ago17 min 1 minute ago, Southwest Sider said:Man that game yesterday was so electric to be at. Its really too bad it all got pissed away. The Guardians can f*** off. They get all puffy chested because they because they think they might be the best team in the AL central. Buncha clowns who regularly s%*# the bed in the playoffs against superior teams.Congrats jerks you managed to win 2 games against a team with no SPs and shut up the home crowd. That will be the highlight of their year.Bringing in Kay was my least favorite decision of the night. He is firmly in do not use unless emergency territory. Dude cant throw strikes.I would have brought him in over Ramirez to flip him to the right side of the plate rather than Hicks. Ultimately, I would have preferred to keep riding Fedde though.
14 minutes ago14 min 1 hour ago, BigHurt3515 said:If we want to win we will need to score 6+ IMOOr more. Offense really needs to light them up. I think we need to score 9 or 10 to win it.
10 minutes ago10 min 8 minutes ago, Southwest Sider said:Bringing in Kay was my least favorite decision of the night. He is firmly in do not use unless emergency territory. Dude cant throw strikes.I had a really bad feeling as soon as he hit Angel Martinez with that pitch given that Angel Martinez has been absolutely helpless at the plate recently and that was an absolute gift to the Guardians.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.