15 hours ago15 hr 2 minutes ago, chw42 said:I don't how you can start Beni after the way he looked against Williams.The "data" told him too
15 hours ago15 hr 1 hour ago, Bob Sacamano said:Don’t mind it. If you’re going to have a non-hitting OF in lineup you might as well upgrade the defenseI know Burke is going, but the Sox need offense
15 hours ago15 hr I would assume they go with Burke as long as he remains effective. If he gets in much trouble early, I'm not sure what plan B is. I suppose Newcomb is likely to relieve him almost regardless of the situation. Then they will likely try to get 2 from Newcomb, perhaps pushing to 3 if it goes smoothly and efficiently. After that, I don't know who else would be due up. I assume Grant will get a save situation or really any final inning. But if Burke + Newcomb doesn't get you 8 innings, which I doubt it does, I'm not sure who the next man up would be. Maybe Hicks or perhaps Hagen depending on matchups.
15 hours ago15 hr 2 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:For someone who loves to cry about woke, you are pretty damned fragile in here yelling at anyone who offends you, which happens all the time.Who is this woke police he keeps talking about? Are you the woke police?
15 hours ago15 hr 5 minutes ago, chw42 said:I don't how you can start Beni after the way he looked against Williams.Will split orthodoxy.12 minutes ago, chw42 said:I don't how you can start Beni after the way he looked against Williams.Will split orthodoxy.
15 hours ago15 hr 28 minutes ago, hankchifan said:According to latest ESPN analysis, the Sox will need 5-6 good innings from Burke combined with better disciplined at bats. Sox were “antsy” and with uncontrolled swings with RISP in the last 2 games.. Guardians need to keep the Sox in the yard as they cannot keep up in a shoot out. I agree with the analysis, and would add to not let Ramirez beat us, and we need to reduce our strikeouts and issue less walks.We need our bats to look more like they did the first two games in Cleveland than the last two games in Chicago. More patience, selective swings, and barreled balls mixed in with some luck on our side as well.
14 hours ago14 hr Looking at the bright side, the Sox cannot play as bad as they have the last two games at home. If they stop walking and get better ABs, we have a really good chance at taking it as underdogs. No problem losing to a superior team, but neither the Sox or CLE are clearly superior to the other.I don't know but I just feel the Sox will continue the glorious ride and might put a scare into TB too but if it ends there, no complaints, they're just the better team, same thing cannot be said about the Indians.Just be competitive, it's all we ask. Edited 14 hours ago14 hr by MexSoxFan#1
14 hours ago14 hr 52 minutes ago, JoshPR said:Thanks Captain Obvious ESPN.Kinda surprised ESPN even knows the Sox are playing.
14 hours ago14 hr Benintendi 5/16 against Williamshttps://www.espn.com/mlb/player/batvspitch/_/id/4345076/teamId/4though he didn't look competitive last time
14 hours ago14 hr I see nothing but punishment awaiting in the ALCS, so there's not that much riding on this other than you hate to blow a 2-0 lead and hate to lose to your talentless division rival. Either way, the money is in the bank for a really amazing and fun season. Hope there's at least one more fun moment in store.
14 hours ago14 hr 30 minutes ago, SoxAce said:They’re probably all from our enemy up north, evil Canada. But rock your home team if you got one, don’t turn your back on them to wear the jersey of your work city!
14 hours ago14 hr Every year Cleveland represents the central in the playoffs. Every year they lose. Step aside let some fresh blood through. Sox in extras, then watch out Tampa here we come!
14 hours ago14 hr 1 hour ago, Chick Mercedes said:I know Burke is going, but the Sox need offenseThey do but with how bad Braden has been (minus 1 hit) I’ll take my chances with a better glove in CF
14 hours ago14 hr 4 hours ago, The Mighty Mite said:Seriously, an honest mistake as I thought I was responding to Jake’s post. This site sometimes confuses me as I’m an old fart.Cool 😆 I was confused. Everyone’s been on my ass today. My old man, my son, my neighbor, people driving… I’m locked in on one thing today and one thing alone. Everything else has just been a bother. 😬🤣
13 hours ago13 hr 2 hours ago, Bill The Boy said:Bob, I'm just gonna say this....... Doyle is my pick-to-click today! 🙂Atta-boy Billy! Someone is going to be an unlikely hero today… Doyle is a solid pick for that.
13 hours ago13 hr 1 hour ago, WBWSF said:I wonder about the future of Braden Montgomery with the White Sox. Maybe he will improve in the future but it looks to me like he is overmatched when he's hitting.You’re likely the only person who wonders about his future with the White Sox. He’s going to be a fixture for the next five years.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.