New Deadline!!!

fattyguy78

They have just reported on ESPN Bottomline that Tom Hicks (Rangers owner) has set a Tuesday 5:00 et deadline for the deal to get done...things should be unfolding soon...finally this s*** comes to an end and at least we will know what we will have to work with...

Looks like we're gonna get Garciaparra, and Williamson. I've always been pretty high on Williamson.

I wouldn't mind the Magglio trade personally if we can turn around and ship Nomar to LA..if that is still a possibility...i wouldn't complain at all if we turn Magglio into Williamson, Perez, Mota, Jackson/Miller, and a lower level prospect....things should be getting interesting though

I'm not getting excited this time until I see an official announcement...Plus, I don't think my family and friends will LISTEN to me talk about this prospective trade any more. But I think that getting Williamson would be one of the nicest things Santa's ever brought me. :D

I would prefer to turn Nomar into Washburn, Donnelly and Eckstein

and Valentin in Randy Wynn

Well, if we are playin that game....I'd PREFER to turn Frank Thomas into Frank Robinson, and Willie Harris into Willie Mays.....and maybe Jose Valentin into Jose Feleciano. He could sing Feliz Navidad during the 7th inning stretch. Then turn Aaron Rowand into Aaron Spelling. He could write a cheesy team angst melodrama about the Sox. Also, we'd have to turn Sandy Alomar Jr into Sandy Duncan, who was on the show "Valerie".

Oh, the possiblilities are endless!!!

:lol:

I'm not getting excited this time until I see an official announcement...Plus, I don't think my family and friends will LISTEN to me talk about this prospective trade any more. But I think that getting Williamson would be one of the nicest things Santa's ever brought me.  :D

I know the feeling..my dad is already sick of me telling him how the Sox are gonna rip his Dodgers off and steal away Mota and their top prospects :D

I would prefer to turn Nomar into Washburn, Donnelly and Eckstein

and Valentin in Randy Wynn - dealing with the Angels would be okay, just no Troy Percival.

But, the bottom line should be, who do the dodgers (or whomever) want more - maggs or nomar.  If it is maggs, don't do the deal

I like the Randy Winn part of the deal.

But I'd prefer younger players on the other part

I really think this arod deal is going to get done, but is the nomar for maggs trade still on the table, cause it doesn't seem thats for sure right now, but i'd love to see that happen then trade nomar for washburn, donnelly, and eckstein, then get randy wynn too, I really love that scenario, but it's just not going to happen anything us sox fans want just isn't going to happen, thats how life works.

I really think this arod deal is going to get done, but is the nomar for maggs trade still on the table, cause it doesn't seem thats for sure right now, but i'd love to see that happen then trade nomar for washburn, donnelly, and eckstein, then get randy wynn too, I really love that scenario, but it's just not going to happen anything us sox fans want just isn't going to happen, thats how life works.

I find it hard to believe that Boston would get A Rod, without having aplace all lined up to dump Nomar.

I find it hard to believe that Boston would get A Rod, without having aplace all lined up to dump Nomar.

Agreed, I'm sure kenny has some type of deadline to wait for this all too, cause he's going to have to move on soon, but it was just reported in some of the newspapers that it wasn't a certainty even if the arod deal goes down.

we need pitching, but maggs has consistently been a large part of our offense, and pitchers will not replace that, so if we get nomah, i say keep nomah.... make texas take jose or kotch

Good Pitching stops Good Hitting and with Maggs we've only went to the playoffs once. I think Maggs can bring us a lot in return if Kenny plays his cards right

I thought I heard that the only way we would keep Nomar is if we have a deal already set up for Jose Valentin. I haven't heard anyone else that is interested in Valentin except for Seattle.

I just wish that the damn trade would go through.

CWSOX45

Is anyone else numb to this whole thing yet?  At this point, I hardly care about this rumor and probably won't until the ink is wet on the paperwork.

I am. I am sick of the whole freaking thing. Just do it already and screw these damned 'deadlines' we keep reading about.

I am.  I am sick of the whole freaking thing.  Just do it already and screw these damned 'deadlines' we keep reading about.

I agree 100% with you. I do feel this trade will get done though...My question is this though wasn't it reported that the Nomar for Maggs deal was dead or was that simply cause the whole deal was dead Im not real clear on if the a-rod deal will still effect us or not. Also anyone have any idea who the pitcher we would be giving up is it Wright, Rauch, or Cotts???