Kick Me In The Shingo!

Dick Allen

Takatsu for AL MVP!    :cheers      Well, maybe I'll settle for the Rolaids Relief Man Award. 

I'm excited about this guy. Reports have him as a sidearmer, I wonder how similar to BK Kim he is.

Lay off the Silver and Black Kool - Aid :lol:

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Daver is Probably the First Bulls***ter.  ;)

Shooting me dead??  Daver won't kill a fly with a swatter

Be careful what you wish for, Josh-- he is given to shooting large mammals with a shutgun as part of the testosteron-replacement therapy. He is one bad mofo, and he endorses RIAA to boot.

Be careful what you wish for, Josh--  he is given to shooting large mammals with a shutgun as part of the testosteron-replacement therapy.  He is one bad mofo, and he endorses RIAA to boot.

Maybe he can shoot himself.....

Maybe he can shoot himself.....

I dunno, J-man, I think Daver's got chunks of guys like you in his stool. They say he hunts, and not like Soxheads with his plush toys, but for real with guns and beer and sh*t. Let's drop it before we get into any trouble with WSI.

I dunno, J-man, I think Daver's got chunks of guys like you in his stool.    They say he hunts, and not like Soxheads with his plush toys, but for real with guns and beer and sh*t. Let's drop it before we get into any trouble with WSI.

And for god sakes it's a f***ing website, it's as if the website of WSI somehow killed a member of Josh's family or something with the grudge he seems to hold

Reasons for Mr. Zero signing are as followed,

Dave Wilder, the Sox's new director of player development, attended the workout and recommended signing Takatsu, who received offers from four teams.

Sources say Takatsu picked the Sox, in part, because of his opportunity to contribute to the Sox's weakened bullpen and because of cultural opportunities in Chicago.

It didn't hurt that Takatsu's wife, who speaks English fluently, is said to have studied in suburban Chicago for two years.

"I think it's a leap of faith for Takatsu and a leap of faith for the Sox," said a source close to the pitcher. "But sometimes leaps bring the best results.

"The safe thing would have been for him to sign with a team in California or New York. This is adventurous."

The deal is 1 year $1 million. There's a team option for 2005.

I'd expect there to be some incentives thrown in too.

That's major closer money

Pardon me if I do not buy into any hype. If that's all the money he could command, from any team, we have to believe either he isn't all that good or we are the smartest team in baseball.

The one thing this deal does it make it a lot easier to hit our budget number. Now if we can find someone who is willing to give us anything for Koch, we can lose that $6 million in salary, and not have to worry about trading anyone else. It might have the affect of making Maggs more valuable because if Koch gets traded for a couple of minor leaguers, we don't HAVE to trade Maggs anymore. It will make anyone who has serious interest in him, pay up.

The one thing this deal does it make it a lot easier to hit our budget number.  Now if we can find someone who is willing to give us anything for Koch, we can lose that $6 million in salary, and not have to worry about trading anyone else.  It might have the affect of making Maggs more valuable because if Koch gets traded for a couple of minor leaguers, we don't HAVE to trade Maggs anymore.    It will make anyone who has serious interest in him, pay up.

That is exactly what I was thinking. Maybe now we make the dodgers or whoever else take Paulie or dont get anything at all.

Let's keep Billy Koch, who is a competitor and has something to prove in '04. We can hope that our bullpen may not be as bad as we think. Last year when we had Tom Gordon signed there were quite a few posts saying he was going to break down. Koch, Mr. Zero and Marte by themselves gives us a pretty good nucleus in the pen. Danny Wright as long relief and one or two more that may surface and we have a championship. :cheers