about all this koch stuff

hi8is

honestly... Oz blew it... he really should have left koch in to get some confidance up in him.... i think at this point its really up in the air as to what koch will be able to do as a closer.... to me, its either 30+ saves or a 6 million dollar seat warmer... but its early in the season and we need to establish how he is gonna be in situations... today was a perfect day to test it out.... 3 run lead with 1 runner on and 1 out.... at least let him try to get it and see how he does... i think this will f*ck with kochs head even more.... Oz is a rookie again and he'll learn

Oz is a rookie again and he'll learn

You just answered your own statement. Ozzie will make mistakes on bullpen situations, but he'll learn cause he is a rookie. Sure, it might not have been the right decision, but he will get better when this season progresses.

I'm sick of this confidence talk regarding Koch.

The guy has sucked, period.

If we were talking about some young low paid guy, I'd agree

about confidence issues, but Koch deserved to get pulled.

He needs to pull his head out of his ass frankly and start

pitching and saving some games.

A horses*** closer can ruin a season and fast.

If given the opportunity Koch will blow game after game, just like last year.  Marte??? I don't know what happened to him.  I think if the Sox had a ten run lead, they would have blown it.

i think marte just needs to come in at the start of the 9th not in the middle of the ninth.

also i dont think koch belonged in the ninth at all.

I'm sick of this confidence talk regarding Koch.

The guy has sucked, period.

If we were talking about some young low paid guy, I'd agree

about confidence issues, but Koch deserved to get pulled.

He needs to pull his head out of his ass frankly and start

pitching and saving some games.

A horses*** closer can ruin a season and fast.

What was so "terrible" about Koch today? Did you see the game? The hit he gave up to Santiago was a pitch that was running in on his hands, not even on the plate, inside; Santiago opens his body and puts a good rip on the ball, and pulls it down the left field corner. Next batter, Guiel, is struck out - a beautiful pitch by Koch, a slider, I believe, that just left Guiel with his bat in the middle of the plate and his knees buckled. I thought that was one of Koch's best series of pitches in a long time. Might I add, he was up to 97 on the gun, and he wasn't falling towards first base as much as he did last season. He didn't leave any curveballs right over the meat of the plate.

I don't and won't second guess Ozzie for taking out Koch - Marte was dynomite last season, and if you look at the thread, that's who we all wanted in. It didn't work out this time - oh well - we threw our best at them, they beat it. Marte needs to rebound - as for Koch, he didn't do too bad. His only problem was that he wasn't given the chance to finish it out.

Ozzie was managing by the book. Matt Stairs killed RHP last year. He can't hit lefties. Common sense says to bring in the lefty.

If Oz leaves Koch in there against Stairs, and Stairs hits it 10 miles, we are all wondering why Oz didn't bring in Marte.

Hindsight is 20-20. Oz managed as well a game as you can. He just didn't get the results from his players.

Koch looked good.

97 mph fastball, 92 slider in on the hands.

He ate Guiel up, he was beating Santiago but he fisted it into left field.

Koch gets the job done period.

But the biggest mistake was Politte not getting yanked after the first BB. You get him out and you take the inning serious. Ozzie did not take it seriously, he thought he was cruising.

SB

Ozzie was managing by the book. Matt Stairs killed RHP last year. He can't hit lefties. Common sense says to bring in the lefty.

Im sorry, this is Matt Stairs correct. The same one that was with the Flubs?!?! Kill RHP, hit it 10 miles........Matt Stairs?!?! :dips*** :lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting :dips***

It did not matter, everyone knew Pena was going to pinch hit for the righty lefty matchup.

Koch just ate up Guiel a lefty, and he was gonna be pitching against Matt Stairs a batter who is much worse than Guiel.

I take my chances with Koch who actually looked good for once.

SB

Rather than quote everyone:

(1) I miss Kewith Foulke too. I loved thr guy and think the trade for Koch was not a good move.

(2) Koch was looking pretty good today and if he is our closer than let him close. I think he could have done the job.

(3) You don't win ga,es when your pitchers walk people. Especially the first two in the bottom of the 9th. Politte should have been taken out and the closer in for the start of the 9th.

(4) Ozzie panicked. But, he is a new and will make mistakes. Hopefully he will make more of the right moves and fewer of the poor ones.

(5) It's only one game out of 162. Hopefully Wednesday Loaiza is as sharp as Buerhle and we get a win. I would rather go to NY 1-1 and not 0-2.

Im sorry, this is Matt Stairs correct.  The same one that was with the Flubs?!?!  Kill RHP, hit it 10 miles........Matt Stairs?!?! :dips***  :lolhitting  :lolhitting  :lolhitting  :lolhitting  :lolhitting  :lolhitting  :lolhitting  :lolhitting  :dips***

Hey, come on, don't act like such an idiot. Matt Stairs can still provide some serious power off of the bench if he gets to face a RHP. Everyone knows that.

Ozzie was managing by the book.  Matt Stairs killed RHP last year.  He can't hit lefties.  Common sense says to bring in the lefty.

If Oz leaves Koch in there against Stairs, and Stairs hits it 10 miles, we are all wondering why Oz didn't bring in Marte.

Hindsight is 20-20.  Oz managed as well a game as you can.  He just didn't get the results from his players.

THANK YOU. That's what i'm tryon to say. Any moron can second guess...

LOL..I think it's funny how people act like they had all this faith in Koch. Koch strikes out 1 guy and they assume he would have gotten out of the inning. Yet these r the same guys, who last year would curse Manuel whenever he brought him in. Koch will get his chance this year. I think Ozzie wanted to win his first gm really bad and didn't wanna take any chances. Especially after how well we played the 1st 8 innings...Marte choked. Big deal..On to gm number 2..

I'll say this about Matt Stairs. He's no Barry Bonds, but the guy is a professional hitter. he can't do much else, but he can hit. And that has been the case since he came up with the Sox.

I don't blame Ozzie for respecting Stairs' ability. He also was respecting Marte's ability. It just didn't work out.

I'm sorry.. but I refuse to be an apologist for Koch.

The man is done as a closer.

Simple as that.

My vote is for Cliff Pollitte

Consistant heat and a great 7th inning.. he walks a couple guys and Ozzie yanks him.

Then, Koch helps em come home to give Pollitte 2 "earned" runs.

If that isn't unfair I don't know what is.

I miss Keith Foulke... :(

Remember that if we hadn't traded Foulke for Koch, we still wouldn't have had Foulke this year - he'd have signed as a free agent somewhere else. We sure wouldn't have given him what he got in Boston. That being said, Koch being here is a problem, because we're gonna use him, and he's gonna suck.

My biggest problem is with Ozzie. Oz said all spring that Koch is his closer. The first chance he gets to show him and all of us that it's true, he yanks him. Every single one of you would have been on Manuel's ass for making the same move. He should have left him in.

There is a big difference between Koch of last year and Koch of yesterday, some where in the area of +/- 5mph.

Anyone that could not see Koch more closely resembled his 2002 with the As as compared to his 2003 with the Sox was not watching yesterdays game.

If Ozzie was making sense he would of brought Marte in for Guiel.

If Koch had given up the home run to Stairs, there might of been second guessing, but we do pay Koch 6mil to do something.

SB