Billy Koch quote on his error in the 9th inning:

CSF

"I thought Paulie could jump. I know he's not fleet of foot, but at least have some hops. I guess we know who is not going to win a gold glove. I was trying to become a spokesperson for the U.S. Postal Service." -- Billy Koch on air mailing a throw over Paul Konerko's head on Gary Sheffield's ninth-inning chopper to the right of the mound.

Billy, Billy, Billy. Silly closer you. :lolhitting

STFU Botch!  :fyou He is such a loser.

Billy's having fun - he knows he air-mailed it. I like the attitude on the club right now, and it's better to see hom cutting up in this instance instead of getting riled about the error. Koch knows better than anyone that he's not usually going to have a 4 or 5 run cushion each outing, so better to laugh it off now and not worry about it.

Billy's having fun - he knows he air-mailed it.  I like the attitude on the club right now, and it's better to see hom cutting up in this instance instead of getting riled about the error.  Koch knows better than anyone that he's not usually going to have a 4 or 5 run cushion each outing, so better to laugh it off now and not worry about it.

That is basically what I was thinking. This may be Oz ball. Make a mistake, laugh it off, and come back to play.

Killy Boch is having fun because where else can you make that kind of money throwing in the low 90's, with no movement on the ball. He will be gone by the all star break.

WTF are you talking about? Have you even watched any games hes pitched in this year? He is hitting 95-97, and ALL of his pitches have tailing movement. He is hitting his spots, and has pitched well.

I don't know what the hell some of you want...maybe we should see if we can convince a 50-something year old Dennis Eckersley to come close for us, will that make all of you happy?

Damnit, I don't mind defending Koch when some of you have a good argument, but have some kind of basis for what you are whining about before you try to post negative things about Koch. Try actually watching the games sometime.

Killy Boch is having fun because where else can you make that kind of money throwing in the low 90's, with no movement on the ball. He will be gone by the all star break.

:dips***

Watch him pitch, then speak. Koch is throwing 94-96 and has featured what looks like a little 2-seam fastball too that I hadn't seen before.

He won't be worth his money(he'd have to have a season where he saves 40 games, below only 3-5 of them, had an ERA of about 2.00-2.50, and have a WHIP of .95-1.05), but he'll be pretty solid.

WTF are you talking about? Have you even watched any games hes pitched in this year? He is hitting 95-97, and ALL of his pitches have tailing movement. He is hitting his spots, and has pitched well.

I don't know what the hell some of you want...maybe we should see if we can convince a 50-something year old Dennis Eckersley to come close for us, will that make all of you happy?

Damnit, I don't mind defending Koch when some of you have a good argument, but have some kind of basis for what you are whining about before you try to post negative things about Koch. Try actually watching the games sometime.

Jeez, no kidding, obno watch a game, billy has looked real good in each of his 3 outings, not only has he been throwing the ball in the upper 90's but he's locating pitches, and he has some movement on his heater, those last two things he never even had in oakland or toronto, I really like what i see with billy so far. :headbang :headbang

If you ask me, Koch has pitched well thus far. Good velocity, improved control and from what I've seen much improved movement.

I'm not going to claim he's back yet, but I've liked what I've seen thus far.

Chisoxfn, if you don't mind I will use your post as my comment quote. Everyone has about the same take except Nuke Cleve. and he admits he hates Billy Koch.

I have been impressed with how Koch is improving also. I think the first games of the real season will be a time for him to get comfortable on the mound and regain his confidence. He is hitting his spots better and his velocity is on the rise. What you want from him anyway, and any relief pitcher, is outs. Koch looked ok in NY yesterday. Posada hit the only ball hard off him and Posada is a good hitter. If Billy could have made the fielding play no runs would have scored. He joked about it later and on the field I saw him shaking his head and joking about it oo. What else can you do? Melt down? He didn't collapse and neither did the Sox. Ditto can be said for Valentin, who has made some real gem type plays the first week of the season. Yesterday could have been a real bad game, but he and the team didn't let it affect them. You have to like the new attitude and the fact that 5 games into a 6 game opening season road trip we are sitting good in the Division and playing good solid baseball.

Chisoxfn, if you don't mind I will use your post as my comment quote. Everyone has about the same take except Nuke Cleve. and he admits he hates Billy Koch.

I have been impressed with how Koch is improving also. I think the first games of the real season will be a time for him to get comfortable on the mound and regain his confidence. He is hitting his spots better and his velocity is on the rise. What you want from him anyway, and any relief pitcher, is outs. Koch looked ok in NY yesterday. Posada hit the only ball hard off him and Posada is a good hitter. If Billy could have made the fielding play no runs would have scored. He joked about it later and on the field I saw him shaking his head and joking about it oo. What else can you do? Melt down? He didn't collapse and neither did the Sox. Ditto can be said for Valentin, who has made some real gem type plays the first week of the season. Yesterday could have been a real bad game, but he and the team didn't let it affect them. You have to like the new attitude and the fact that 5 games into a 6 game opening season road trip we are sitting good in the Division and playing good solid baseball.

nuke is not the only one.

on the flip side of the error, if he was able to joke about it and so was the other players, then the attitude of the clubhouse is loose and that is much better than last yr for sure.

if you have a happy clubhouse, and your team is winning, that is a good recipe for success.

on the flip side of the error, if he was able to joke about it and so was the other players, then the attitude of the clubhouse is loose and that is much better than last yr for sure.

if you have a happy clubhouse, and your team is winning, that is a good recipe for success.

If your team is winning, you have a good recipe for success. You don't have to be happy to be successful.

If your team is winning, you have a good recipe for success.  You don't have to be happy to be successful.

give me a break, i remember we had one of the biggest cancer in baseball and that was not belle, but clayton.

we won during his tenure and look at the chemistry........... it wasn't there.

look at 2000 before clayton, before kw, the sox were always joking and mucking it up.................

If your team is winning, you have a good recipe for success.  You don't have to be happy to be successful.

What? If you're winning, you should be happy. And if you're happy, you're going to play loose and have fun. That is absolutely part of having success. Do you of any sports team that played miserable and kicked ass? I don't. Everyone who wins has fun, and having fun is part of their success.

give me a break, i remember we had one of the biggest cancer in baseball and that was not belle, but clayton.

we won during his tenure and look at the chemistry........... it wasn't there.

look at 2000 before clayton, before kw, the sox were always joking and mucking it up.................

They averaged 82 wins with Choice on the team. That's winning?

Winning is not winning games. Winning is winning the division, winning in the playoffs, winning the whole f***ing thing.

And whether SEALgep realizes it or not, he hit it right on the head. If you are winning, you are happy. Winning cures everything, does it not?

Winning and having good team chemistry go hand in hand, and you usually can't have one without the other.