5/9 Game Thread

Heads22

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, if we take the game tomorrow then we'll be .500 on the road trip and i know we'll all be happy with .500 on the road if we do well at home. I'm feeling slowly and slowly like the offense is coming around again...come on pauly and carlos we need you! :bringit

Hey, if we take the game tomorrow then we'll be .500 on the road trip and i know we'll all be happy with .500 on the road if we do well at home.  I'm feeling slowly and slowly like the offense is coming around again...come on pauly and carlos we need you! :bringit

Welcome to the boards WSox30! :cheers

I figure the Sox need some help to salvage a game...so I'm starting this thread with the magical powers bestowed only on me and Scott Bikowski.

Heads, sorry to burst your bubble, but I now know why he wasn't in the FutureSox outfield...The guy is pretty much aged past the point of being a prospect and he looked horrid last night as I think his average has dipped into the .160's (he was pinch hit for in the 8th by Super Mario who nailed a 3 run jack)...Maybe just a bad stretch, but I don't see "Jesus" ever making it to the Big Show, much to your dismay...

At least they made it through the first month without being swept. The Jays haven't been scoring alot of runs, but they have been going to deep to get their runs in this series. Loaiza has falling in love with giving up home runs this year and today should be no different. Steve's going to have a rough go of it as teams have been hitting him hard all year. The offense has also falling asleep in this series and if Valentine is in the line up they're as good as done.

Prediction: Sox-3 Blue Jays-14

Loaiza won't get out of the fifth and will give up at least three long balls. The self proclaimed "Greatest Mexican pitcher of all time" just isn't the kind of pitcher who can be a stopper for this team. In fact they don't have a stopper in the entire rotation. I'll never understand why they didn't try to pick up a pitcher in the off season.

At least they made it through the first month without being swept. The Jays haven't been scoring alot of runs, but they have been going to deep to get their runs in this series. Loaiza has falling in love with giving up home runs this year and today should be no different. Steve's going to have a rough go of it as teams have been hitting him hard all year. The offense has also falling asleep in this series and if Valentine is in the line up they're as good as done.

Prediction: Sox-3 Blue Jays-14

Loaiza won't get out of the fifth and will give up at least three long balls. The self proclaimed "Greatest Mexican pitcher of all time" just isn't the kind of pitcher who can be a stopper for this team. In fact they don't have a stopper in the entire rotation. I'll never understand why they didn't try to pick up a pitcher in the off season.

Your life must be awesome.

It's not as great as the fantasy world where Willie Harris is a quality second baseman and Uribe is on is way to an All-Star team. The biggest problem with this board is they see everything with eternal optimism like nothing will go wrong. You all sound like a bunch of Cub Fans.

It's not as great as the fantasy world where Willie Harris is a quality second baseman and Uribe is on is way to an All-Star team. The biggest problem with this board is they see everything with eternal optimism like nothing will go wrong. You all sound like a bunch of Cub Fans.

:fyou

eternal optimism > eternal pessimism (ie: your posts)

:rolleyes:

:finger :stick :fight

You sound like a Cub fan over-reacting....

Why shouldn't we be optimistic. The team has its flaws, but last I looked its in 1st place and the offense has yet to hit its stride. The pitching staff has been solid, minus the 5th spot and the Sox are at this point with Buehrle struggling and those struggles won't continue. You also have Elo whose starting to get back on track, imo.

He probably won't be what he was last year, but he's still a good pitcher.

LOL....ENTERNAL OPTIMISTS ON THIS BOARD? WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN READING???

We b**** and moan constantly about this and that....theres a difference between being optomistic and realistic and most, I SAY MOST, are at least somewhat open to the world of realism...

Now A 'sox fan' who predicts b4 the game begins a 14-3 loss against the Blue Jays makes you wonder what kind of fan he really is at all....FOURTEEN TO THREE?

Odd how you know so much about Cub Fans... :dips***

White Sox

W. Harris 2b .278

J. Valentin ss .269

M. Ordonez rf .287

F. Thomas dh .274

C. Lee lf .235

P. Konerko 1b .250

J. Crede 3b .238

A. Rowand cf .239

M. Olivo c .316

Toronto