BrandoFan

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've lost a great American today.

Reagan brought us out of the Malaise & stagflation of the 70's

Strengthened a weakened and floundering Military

Was the driving force behind bringing an end to decades of communist rule in Eastern Europe

and above all.......

He made us proud to be Americans again.

Hopefully now he will be appreciated for what he's done for our country.

I've always been proud to be an American. It's a shame that some people are only proud when their guy is President.  :headshake

I'm always proud to be an american. I can sit at my computer and do whatever I like, whenever I want, and the government isn't a red...I can't see why those punk numbskulls would say such things to the government, but the government has nothing that we can have done to help really...

Reagan, rest in peace, I hardly knew ye,

Beastly.

I think one of Reagan's greatest abilities was public speaking. I am not old enough to have viewed any Reagan speeches as they were going on, but I have seen the Challenger Speech, and "Mr. Gorbachev, Tear Down this wall" speech many times. They are both very moving.

I was at the Belmont Stakes when I found out. They announced it and there was a moment of silence. When the moment of silence ended a chant of "Ronnie, Ronnie" engulfed the grandstand. 120,000 people, ranging from teenagers like myself to wealthy arystocrats dressed in suits all chanting for this man (In a liberal part of the country no-less). I think that will tell you a little something about his popularity.

I've always been proud to be an American. It's a shame that some people are only proud when their guy is President.  :headshake

That had nothing to do with it. At the end of the 70's we were a nation who had lost our way. There were gas lines, hostages in Iran, the pain & national wounds of Vietnam were still fresh, a pervasive fear that we were losing ground to the Soviets and our economy was in the s***ter.

Reagan got us back on our feet & made ALL Americans proud again regardless of what their ideology was or who they were. That's what made him great.

Reagan was a typical Republican...representing the wealthy, first and foremost.

I did respect what he did for the US military, "winning" the Cold War, and he was a great friend to Israel, but, I never voted for the man.

My condolences to his family and loved ones.

:usa

Reagan was a typical Republican...representing the wealthy, first and foremost.

He was pretty damn good to "on-wealthy" replubicans and democrats, too. Visit Dixon, Illinois for a great example.

He was pretty damn good to "on-wealthy" replubicans and democrats, too. Visit Dixon, Illinois for a great example.

Wasn't Dixon his home town?

Maybe a bit biased?

BTW...is there such thing as a non-wealthey Republican? Sounds like an oxymoron to me!

;)

Reagan got us back on our feet & made ALL Americans proud again regardless of what their ideology was or who they were.  That's what made him great.

Which would mean they were not proud before that. Too bad, I've always been proud.

I guess fair weather fans applyt to countries as well. I think that is sad, you think it's ok. Not worth arguing about.

Was the driving force behind bringing an end to decades of communist rule in Eastern Europe

Your ignorance never ceases to amaze me.

As my Uncle said yesterday, he's probably being judged by the nuns massacred in El Salvador and the gays who died of AIDS.

While I did not like him as a President, may he rest in peace.

Which would mean they were not proud before that. Too bad, I've always been proud.

I guess fair weather fans applyt to countries as well. I think that is sad, you think it's ok. Not worth arguing about.

Then why keep saying things to provoke an argument? One can acknowledge a fact without condoning it. Nuke is hardly the first to state that national morale was at a low point when Reagan took over. No need to argue the fact that it shouldn't have been the case...it was, end of story.