The official come eat your crow about Diaz thread

AngelasDaddy0427

Here's what I posted in the game day thread:

Lets be realistic here, shall we?

For the White Sox to steal a win today, the following events must occur:

1. Carlos Zambrano (2.25 ERA; arguably the best starter of the Cubs thus far) must collapse. In 14 starts this season "Z" has only pitched one outing where he's given up 6+ runs. ONE!

2. Felix Diaz (11.42 ERA) must pitch superbly: 3 or less runs through 6 innings would be ideal.

I'm sorry to sound pessimistic. It just appears very unlikely both of these scenarios will occur simultaneously.

I'll "eat crow" before someone stuffs the comment in my face. :lol:

as I've said for three years, it doesn't matter who is playing in these series'. We could sign Jamie Navarro tonight, start him tomorrow and you still couldn't count us out, and the same would go vise versa. Weird things happen in these series' and today was no different. Of course, I'm not taking anything away from Diaz's talent, he has the ability, but people were crying because of today's starting pitcher matchup. people were crying yesterday and how we would have no chance against Prior, when it was the Sox themselves that lost the game, with little help from the Cubs.

Someone please tell us how Diaz looked. Was he solid or lucky. Solid, I hope, because he is getting the ball again in a few days.

I also noticed that everybody's (media) favorite manager, DustyBoy, left Zambrano in for a smooth 128 pitches in six innings.

Someone please tell us how Diaz looked.  Was he solid or lucky.  Solid, I hope, because he is getting the ball again in a few days.

I also noticed that everybody's (media) favorite manager, DustyBoy, left Zambrano in for a smooth 128 pitches in six innings.

Solid. I never really felt nervous at all watching him pitch. Diaz seemed the same way; he was cool, calm, and confident.

well the cubs lineup isnt the most explosive but its good to see felix diaz pitch good against them.... personally he is my favorite pitcher from charlotte and i hope he can make the club next year.

I dunno, it's been clicking on all cylinders lately...

Ohh yeah you all knew it....

Thats why my bring back Diaz thread got such a negative reaction right... :lolhitting

Jeckle, there were a lot of us who wanted Diaz to get another start. Do you see me making a post to gloat over it and call out a poster? ABoz knows a ton more than you'll ever hope to know about our minor leaguers (and baseball in general), and I would trust his input the best.

You're still a moron and by making a post to 'shine in your own light', it proves it even moreso...

Jeckle, there were a lot of us who wanted Diaz to get another start.  Do you see me making a post to gloat over it and call out a poster?  ABoz knows a ton more than you'll ever  hope to know about our minor leaguers (and baseball in general), and I would trust his input the best.

You're still a moron and by making a post to 'shine in your own light', it proves it even moreso...

You know what I agree with you totally.

Which is why I find it so outrageous that a guy who knows our minor league so well would just call one of our best prospects a flop after not even getting a fair shot.

I'm hoping people will see this thread and realize that you can't just count a guy out after 2 bad starts and just decide he sucks and always will.

You people mocked me and called me crazy...

BUT I TOLD YOU DIAZ COULD GET THE JOB DONE...

That'll teach you to write someone off when they never even had a fair chance...  :rolleyes:

Wow! Has ESPN called yet? You should be on TV

You people mocked me and called me crazy...

BUT I TOLD YOU DIAZ COULD GET THE JOB DONE...

That'll teach you to write someone off when they never even had a fair chance...  :rolleyes:

Even a broken clock is right twice a day. Let him do that consistently before you start talking s***.

Someone please tell us how Diaz looked.  Was he solid or lucky.  Solid, I hope, because he is getting the ball again in a few days.

Diaz looked really solid out there.

He established the Curveball in the first couple of innings. He was able to keep it low but in the zone the first three innings. He nibbled both corners with the fastball, and changed speeds well with the change-up.

Before he wasn't keeping his pitches down, and in todays game after the 3rd they got up a little bit. Twice to Patterson (double & HR). The key pitch though was his change. His last two outings it was up and over the heart of the plate. Today it was consistenly down, and on the corners.

Jeckle, I don't wanna hear it. He had a great game, but I'm not the only one who said he wasn't going to cut it and I won't be the last. Props to Diaz for bringing one home, I hope he can continue to pitch well for us.

Diaz looked really solid out there.

He established the Curveball in the first couple of innings.  He was able to keep it low but in the zone the first three innings.  He nibbled both corners with the fastball, and changed speeds well with the change-up. 

Before he wasn't keeping his pitches down, and in todays game after the 3rd they got up a little bit.  Twice to Patterson (double & HR).  The key pitch though was his change.  His last two outings it was up and over the heart of the plate.  Today it was consistenly down, and on the corners.

But even on the Patterson homer, that pitch was at his neck! Diaz really had the hitters biting on his slider down, but they had to respect it, because he was able to get it over for both balls and strikes.

This was the first time I saw one of our higher touted minor leaguers stuff be really good. Diaz showed a ton today, I hope Jon Garland had pen and paper handy in the dugout...