I hate to say this

Jordan4life_2007

I've tried to be optimistic with this team all season long. Even when we've played like horse s***. I've always said to myself "will be fine". I'm not saying that anymore. Now this is what scares the crap outta me. Coming into this season we were relying on a lot of UNPROVEN guys. Guys that we were gonna need to step up if we were to win this division.

Scott Schoenweis, Willie Harris, Juan Uribe, Neal Cotts, Mike Jackson. All of them were MAGNIFICENT in April and May. Therefore we played great baseball. June rolls around. ALL of them start coming back down to earth. As if their play the first two months was nothing more than a tease. Now here we are on July 7.

Schoenweis is gettin drilled everytime out. Same as Jackson. Mr Soxtalk goldenboy Neal Cotts has been nothing but Horrible since that start against the, Twins. Willie Harris has gone from hitting .320 to .265. Juan Uribe is getting outhit by the guy we traded him for. Basically, what i'm saying is that unless these guys snap out of it we've got no shot. I'm sure some of you will say "Well Kenny will get the guys we need". Man, he's only human. This team has gone from basically needing 1 solid top of the rotation starter "which we got in Garcia" and 1 left handed rbi bat to us now needing another damn starter, a lead-off man, atleast 2 viable bullpen arms, and we still need that left handed rbi bat.

I don't think any gm can pull that off. Hopefully these guys snap out of it. Or we're f***ED.

God forbid we play poorly against some decent teams. We lose to the Cubs and the Angels, who have some good players. We're not hitting that well, and Maggs is still out. A week ago everyone was getting our WS rings sized, no we're going to finish in last. Everyone has some ups and downs. Get back to me if we are still sucking in September. God, it isn't even the All-star break yet.

God forbid we play poorly against some decent teams. We lose to the Cubs and the Angels, who have some good players. We're not hitting that well, and Maggs is still out. A week ago everyone was getting our WS rings sized, no we're going to finish in last. Everyone has some ups and downs. Get back to me if we are still sucking in September. God, it isn't even the All-star break yet.

Don't put me in that group. I've at no point this season said the Sox were going to the world series. And anybody who's seen my posts knows i'm not one to panic after every slump. But think about it for a second. What if Willie and Uribe were just 2 month wonders? What if Schoenweis blew his load too early? What if Cotts and Jackson never recover? That's 5 pretty big holes right there/ You still think we have enough to win this division with all those guys playing like they are now? No way.

When they are competitive, fine. but when they look like complete s***, there is something to worry about. Harris could hit the broad side of a barn right now.

You're talking about our #5 starter, a bunch of middle relievers, and a guy that isn't playing everyday. Last I checked, every team has holes. We still have two very good starters, two others that are okay, and our offense was fine a week and a half ago, and Maggs is still gone. The Yankees have lost 5 of their last 6, you think they are in deep s*** too?

You're talking about our #5 starter, a bunch of middle relievers, and a guy that isn't playing everyday. Last I checked, every team has holes. We still have two very good starters, two others that are okay, and our offense was fine a week and a half ago, and Maggs is still gone. The Yankees have lost 5 of their last 6, you think they are in deep s*** too?

Last time I checked the Yankees were 20 gms above .500 and had an EIGHT gm lead over Boston. That's a dumb comparision. Bottomline is, i'm starting to think too many guys on this team blew their loads in April and May. I hope i'm wrong. If not, we're in trouble.

IMO - Harris will not play this badly the rest of the year. Same goes for Uribe (hey, 1-3 tonight. Tis a start.). We need another reliever (I'm confident with Shingo, Marte, Politte, Adkins, believe it or not). And another lefty bat/leadoff man would be nice as well.

Then again, once Maggs comes back, it really changes the whole complexion of our team. This lineup is force C-Lee to hit third or fourth, which he is not. It moves up Konerko to fourth/fifth, and Valentin up to fourth/fifth. Maggs really is a difference maker on this ballclub, and I'll be very happy once number 30 is back in right field.

The Yankees have lost 5 of their last 6, you think they are in deep s*** too?

Wow, you really know how to compare teams :bang

The Yankees are in 1st place right now and they really don’t have to worry about anything till Boston gets in a winning streak

It's not that dumb a comparison. Look at the runs scored and runs allowed, pretty close. They started like s*** and aren't playing so hot right now. They're still both teams in the leagues. If you want another comparison, how about the Cubbies? They did the same thing we did. Swept a decent team, they get swept by the Brewers,a much weaker team than Anaheim. The point is we are in the tough part of our schedule, while the Twins are playing scrubs. That changes in August in September, when it really matters.

That changes in August in September, when it really matters.

Just to let you know (before anyone else does) every game matters. Do I have to repeat that for you? Every game matters.

Whether the Sox play in June July or August they need to go out there and at least try to win some games. Since you are talking about the Yankees, weren’t they at least trying to start a rally, but fell short against the Tigers this afternoon?

im tired of reading things that say we're doomed and trying to tell people that all clubs have ups and downs... im not saying this thread is exactly this but people seem to think that all hell is breaking loose but were goin through a bad point in the season and will get better

Here's what I look at.

The Twins schedule in the second half is hard as hell. Ours is easy. IIRC, the Twins will be done or will have played almost all of their games agianst the Tigers and Royals BEFORE the ASB. We don't play the Tigers until AFTER the ASB, and we have like 10 or 15 games with the Royals in the second half.

Here's what else I look at.

There is still 2 and a half months left, and we are down 2.5. Considering that we were just starting a series with Detroit at this time last year after losing 2 of 3 to the DRays and were 5 or 6 games out, I can handle it. We get healthy, and get another starter, and we are good enough to win the division(especially if we get RJ).

BTW, we were swept by the Tigers in that series. In fact, after taking 9 or 12 from the Cubbies and Twinkies last year, we then went 3-7 against the AL's Least...Tampa, Detroit, and Cleveland.

It's been said over an dover..this team is streakier than.......... something that's... streaky..

A team that pretty much relies on the long ball to score is gonna go through streaks where they can't buy a hit..match that with facing good pitching and we look like s***...

We just gotta hope that when we get maggs back in the line-up after the All-Star break we can go on a 2nd half tear..maggs make the line-up more complete..

But it is a bit depressing how much we're sucking right now, you gotta be the total optimist not to be a bit worried, but you gotta be the total pessimist to jump off the wagon...You gotta find an even kiel...

Take some yoga...go hang out at a Buddhist temple and find you chi

The Sox will be fine...

I saw this coming though.

I'm a skepic though I never thought that Show was hurt to begin with...

I'd much rather let Diaz establish himself then let a career lefty long reliever lose us a s*** load of games because he has dreams of being a starting pitcher.

He doesn't want to do whats good for the team then we can just send him down and hope someone claims him off of waivers.

We just need to shake this off and avoid the sweep...

GO SOX :bringit

It's been said over an dover..this team is streakier than.......... something that's... streaky..

A team that pretty much relies on the long ball to score is gonna go through streaks where they can't buy a hit..match that with facing good pitching and we look like s***...

We just gotta hope that when we get maggs back in the line-up after the All-Star break we can go on a 2nd half tear..maggs make the line-up more complete..

But it is a bit depressing how much we're sucking right now, you gotta be the total optimist not to be a bit worried, but you gotta be the total pessimist to jump off the wagon...You gotta find an even kiel...

Take some yoga...go hang out at a Buddhist temple and find you chi

That's where Willie and Uribe come in. When those guys were hot we weren't relying on just the longball.

Same garbage threads popping up two weeks ago. Any time there is a bad stretch is there going to be a thread that pops up and says we're doomed, the sox suck, blah, blah blah. This is a very good team that happens to be struggling right now. Give them 2 or 3 more weeks they'll be back in first place.

Same garbage threads popping up two weeks ago.  Any time there is a bad stretch is there going to be a thread that pops up and says we're doomed, the sox suck, blah, blah blah.  This is a very good team that happens to be struggling right now.  Give them 2 or 3 more weeks they'll be back in first place.

I have no doubt that we'll be back in first place...We just gotta hope we're in first place after the last game of the season

Same garbage threads popping up two weeks ago.  Any time there is a bad stretch is there going to be a thread that pops up and says we're doomed, the sox suck, blah, blah blah.  This is a very good team that happens to be struggling right now.  Give them 2 or 3 more weeks they'll be back in first place.

I am glad I am not the only one who sees that.

i think we can officially state that "corpseball" has made its return to the south side

:sleep

I don't remember anyone complaining when we were hitting. It's not like this team was ever a little ball team. We get guys on, and try to get hits, whether it's a single, double, or homer. It works for plenty of teams. The Yankees, Red Sox, and Cardinals have virtually the same style of offense. We were hitting better than anyone as recently as last week. Is the idea of a "slump" a foreign concept to some of you?

I don't remember anyone complaining when we were hitting. It's not like this team was ever a little ball team. We get guys on, and try to get hits, whether it's a single, double, or homer. It works for plenty of teams. The Yankees, Red Sox, and Cardinals have virtually the same style of offense. We were hitting better than anyone as recently as last week. Is the idea of a "slump" a foreign concept to some of you?

you need to relax a little..it was a joke

Oh. Sorry, I'm used to getting into heated arguments. Next time try to include a smiley face so people who take thing to seriously(like me) don't jump on you. :D

point taken..i guess we are all a little testy after a debacle like tonight..good news is we only have a few hours till we have another chance to right the ship..

loiaza is going..we need an all star performance tomorrow