Two RJ items in today's news

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No way...

While Arizona would like us to give them a great major league centerfielder and a guy who will eventually be a #2 starter (Especially in the national league.) KW would need to be shot if he made this deal.

First off who replaces Aaron's defense in CF. I sure don't want to see Timo out there everyday and Gload can't even figure out RF. I don't want to rely on having to trade for a CF afterwards because the other GM's will sense our desperation and make us pay through the nose.

Second Jon Garland will give us at least 15 win's this year and Show isn't getting any better. So we'd essentially maybe gain 2 wins and then still have to find a 5th starter.

I trade those 2 guys in a second, we would not miss either one of those guys. AR had 2 good months in 2 years  and JG please he is a career 12-12 5.00 plus era pitcher all over him. If that and a couple of mid level prospects is all they want spin the wheel make the deal.

you forgot the "Lets be progressive for once." ;)

Trade Crede, this team needs a new look offensively like not swinging for the fences.  You could include Crede in a package with some minor leaguers for RJ then trade for someone like Joe Randa who does all the little things that Crede doesn't to play third base.   I know I will get ripped for this but I am sick of this swing for the fences crap.

Trade for Randa?

A 36 year old career mediocrity who has NEVER hit 20 homers?

His OBP is good- until this year (it stinks)

And he's on the DL

What's worse would be to trade rowand and garland and prospects for johnson

I'd be more interested in trading rowand an an okay prospect for beltran (which is about what houston gave up to rent him)

Trade for Randa?

A 36 year old career mediocrity who has NEVER hit 20 homers?

His OBP is good- until this year (it stinks)

And he's on the DL

What's worse would be to trade rowand and garland and prospects for johnson

So trading a 4th OF and a #3/4 starts as well as some prospects for probably the best pitcher in all of baseball isn't worth it?

Um.

OUt of curiousity, who did people think that AZ was going to ask for???  Yeah they want talent for one of the best pitchers in baseball.  Duh.

You mean you were suprised when the didn't ask for Jackson, Dransfeldt, Burke, and Davis?

So trading a 4th OF and a #3/4 starts as well as some prospects for probably the best pitcher in all of baseball isn't worth it?

Um.

Including top propects?

I wouldn't do it.

I don't care much about losing Rowand. Garland is 24 years old and a pretty good pitcher right now. JOhnson is 40 and getting him would financially preclude us from signing some hitters that we desparately need.

Including top propects?

I wouldn't do it.

I don't care much about losing Rowand. Garland is 24 years old and a pretty good pitcher right now. JOhnson is 40 and getting him would financially preclude us from signing some hitters that we desparately need.

Where did it say they would command top prospects with Garland and Rowand?

I would assume they would look for 2 mid level with JG and AR.

Am I the only one who would do this in an instant?

No. I do it in an instant too.

Garland is not as good a pitcher as apparently everyone thinks. He does not have plus stuff, and quite frankly, he does not have good focus/demeanor on the hill. If we can get RJ for Garland and Rowand, along with a few other prospects, I do it in a heartbeat. If he had stuff like Carlos Zambrano, I could see why we would not give him up. But he does not. He has a mediocre breaking ball, a mediocre sinker, and a fastball that hits 94 when he's at his best.

I'll take RJ, thanks.

No.  I do it in an instant too.

Garland is not as good a pitcher as apparently everyone thinks.  He does not have plus stuff, and quite frankly, he does not have good focus/demeanor on the hill.  If we can get RJ for Garland and Rowand, along with a few other prospects, I do it in a heartbeat.  If he had stuff like Carlos Zambrano, I could see why we would not give him up.  But he does not.  He has a mediocre breaking ball, a mediocre sinker, and a fastball that hits 94 when he's at his best.

I'll take RJ, thanks.

:notworthy Thank you!