Maggs leaving Cleveland

Chisoxfn

Reportedly he has full range of motion and no fluid in his knee. It could be his sore just from playing the field cause he wasn't ready and the scar tissue still has to heal. I'm hoping its more a good sore...and that this is strictly precautionary and they just want to take care of it today since they will be back in town tomorrow.

Ugh, this is starting to sound too much like the Prior Watch. At least from what I've heard this is all precautionary. On the bright side maybe this will make him realize that no one is going to give him $15 mil a year in the offseason and resign.

On wmvp radio they're saying that Herm Schneider says this is nothing to be alarmed about.

Nothing to be alarmed about? You send home a guy against a division rival. He obviously isn't well enough to even pinch hit. They are going to send him to the same doctors who said his prior injury would only keep him out of the line up a day or two. What are they going to find? If its minor, shouldn't Maggs be on the bench, with his team, being a good teammate? Frank gets lambasted by management, and he has a serious injury. Maggs should be held to those same standards if it is as minor as Herm is saying. I'm sorry, but I don't trust anything the White Sox medical staff has to say, that includes Herm. They haven't been very accurate this year. I just hope they are right this one time, and Magglio is back in the line up tomorrow night. We need him.

On wmvp radio they're saying that Herm Schneider says this is nothing to be alarmed about.

Well, that's good to know...Herm is tops in baseball, so he knows what he's talking about.

As long as we have Everett, Maggs should not be playing in the field until he's FULLY healed. DHing won't be so much of a strain on him. I don't know why Ozzie's even put him out on the field at all. Lee/Everett/Rowand is FINE in the OF...for now, especially with how Rowand's been performing.

Maggs is becoming a cancer IMHO.

When he's one of the best guys in the clubhouse and hitters on this team when he's out there? There is absolutely no cancer in Maggs. Heck, there's really nobody on this squad who has cancerous tendencies...

You meant to put that in GREEN, right, Steve?

When he's one of the best guys in the clubhouse and hitters on this team when he's out there?  There is absolutely no cancer in Maggs.  Heck, there's really nobody on this squad who has cancerous tendencies...

I agree to an extent with Steve here. I don't know if I'd go as far as saying it is a cancer...but his contract ordeal has not been handled well, and his health problems have not helped us either.

Regardless...if he has to hit the DL again, we are in serious s***. We definately need another bat to have on the bench at the very least. What about Danny Bautista in Arizona? One would imagine that he would be one hell of a 4th OFer

I agree to an extent with Steve here.  I don't know if I'd go as far as saying it is a cancer...but his contract ordeal has not been handled well, and his health problems have not helped us either.

Regardless...if he has to hit the DL again, we are in serious s***.  We definately need another bat to have on the bench at the very least.  What about Danny Bautista in Arizona? One would imagine that he would be one hell of a 4th OFer

On the day Freddie Garcia signed, he let it be known about his contract situation. He wants all the attention. Such a sore knee. I will not question whether he is hurt or not, there are guys who play all the time while they are injuried. This has been his team for years, and we haven't done anything. I think it is time for a change.

When he's one of the best guys in the clubhouse and hitters on this team when he's out there?  There is absolutely no cancer in Maggs.  Heck, there's really nobody on this squad who has cancerous tendencies...

You meant to put that in GREEN, right, Steve?

I love Maggs, but he is really starting to let me down. No green.

For what it's worth, below is a helpful and reassuring post from Jurr on WSI - he apprently was on the training staff for the Tennesee Titans.... I think I'll sleep better now. But I'm interested to hear the results tomorrow.

As a former athletic trainer, I can definitely say that this problem is more than likely caused by Magglio's insistence on playing the field. Any joint that is laden down with scar tissue takes some time to fully function without full inflammation on that knee after a rigorous exercise. That's what rehab does...it tries to loosen up everything to the point that the knee doesn't keep inflaming every time he gives it a tough workout. Two things that are promising is that he does in fact have full range of motion and no swelling....which are two of the telltale signs of true inflammation. He's just having discomfort, and it's probably worrying the manager and the player. I guarantee he's just going to get a quick run through the orthopod's office for an MRI to see just how much scar tissue he's got left to battle through.

....when there's inflammation after a surgery, you get some residual scar tissue..(anywhere from millimeters to centimeters..) even that amount of scar tissue doesn't feel normal in a fully functioning knee joint. The body reacts by inflaming and there's pain because that meniscus is padding the knee bones from impacting each other. If he's running around hard (I bet he felt it on that play in the outfield where he chased a ball into foul territory), he'll feel a good bit of pain the next day. If he took another week off and just stayed in the DH slot, he'd probably minimize that discomfort. Anyway, he'll (and we'll) be fine.

For what it's worth, below is a helpful and reassuring post from Jurr on WSI - he apprently was on the training staff for the Tennesee Titans.... I think I'll sleep better now. But I'm interested to hear the results tomorrow.

Sounds good.

Also means we get to see Jurassic in RF. I'm know I'm looking forward to that.