Carlos Delgado

kane0730

I caught very little of 670 this evening, and the host said that the Sox had a deal in place for Delgado, but he used his no trade clause to block this. Has anyone else heard this?? I didn't see this on the board, so sorry if it has already been mentioned.

I caught very little of 670 this evening, and the host said that the Sox had a deal in place for Delgado, but he used his no trade clause to block this.  Has anyone else heard this??  I didn't see this on the board, so sorry if it has already been mentioned.

I heard the same thing. Obviously he doesn't wanna be here. Maybe he'll change his mind. If not, f*** him.

Did they really mention Delgado? I was listening shortly after Kenny left and they were speculating that it was probably Burnitz or Finley. I'm not sure I would want Carlos anyways. Yeah, when he is healthy, happy, and on, he's a force to be reckoned with, but that hasn't happened this year. Cattalanato would have been my vote for Blue Jay player.

I wonder who we'd have to give up to get him? Probably not as much as he's worth b/c I'm sure the Blue Jays would be happy to get rid of him for at least something since he'll probably walk at the end of the year anyway.

That bastard won't stand for 'God Bless America'.

He really seems to like our greenbacks though!

f*** you racist asshole. No one has to stand for your s***ty song if they don't want to. Nice hate words Dips*** :fyou

f*** you racist asshole. No one has to stand for your s***ty song if they don't want to. Nice hate words Dips***  :fyou

Woah woah woah woah woah - when you start calling the Star Spangled Banner a 's***ty song', then I start to have a problem with you...

That Bastard???

Freedom of Speach. LEARN IT DUMBO  :dips***

Wow.

Since when is bastard rasict? I'd be just as pissed if an American-born player refused to stand.

By the way, it's called freedom of SPEECH. No 'A'. And it's that thing that gives ME the right to voice my opinion, however strong it may seem, against people who won't stand for 'God Bless America' because they claim it is pro-war.

Josh, usually I respect you (your a great poster here) but that was alittle carried away my friend.. ;)

No i wasn't.

Is Delgado Stealing those Greenbacks?? Or Money ??? how ever the hell you wanna call them?? I think there's a lot more americans more pissed over the war then Delgado.

So the same Freedom of SPEECH you claim, he's got the same right to claim. I think it's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Stupid that some idiots make an issue outta this. Then i guess a lof of People sould be pissed at Edwin Starr and Bruce Springsteen for the song war, or the people in the 60's and 70's when they protested vietnam :bang

THAT said Delgado is a hell of a hitter and would welcome him to this team in a heartbeat stands for some dumb song or not :bringit :headbang

josh, for once i understand what ure sayin man =D

i am very opposed to the war, very opposed to our politics, and very opposed to our countrys leadership and some of its values at its core/foundation

im sure carlos delgado feels in some ways the same and dosent stand as an act that is indeed harboing his freedom of speach

i say to that, right on carlos

call me unpatrotic or whatever, but i honestly and seriously DISLIKE a lot about this country... i do like some things about it too

with that said josh.... you did react a little strong, violence begets violence, any kind of atack will put someone on the defensive and will not harbor effective communication

* side note, see what happens when hi8is stops drinking for a few days, wow, a lot more well constructed then, EAT A DICK *

:lol:

oh and, :fthecubs

Did they really mention Delgado? I was listening shortly after Kenny left and they were speculating that it was probably Burnitz or Finley. I'm not sure I would want Carlos anyways. Yeah, when he is healthy, happy, and on, he's a force to be reckoned with, but that hasn't happened this year. Cattalanato would have been my vote for Blue Jay player.

It definitely was Delgado. Gammons and Stark both said the Sox had a deal in place for him, but he declined.

It definitely was Delgado. Gammons and Stark both said the Sox had a deal in place for him, but he declined.

Yep, this pretty much sums it up.

White Sox GM Kenny Williams, a former teammate of Delgado's, told Ricciardi earlier this week that he believed he could persuade Delgado to waive his no-trade clause. Blue Jays sources say a skeptical Ricciardi passed the matter on to Blue Jays president and chief executive officer Paul Godfrey, who asked Delgado if he would reconsider. Delgado declined, and the matter went no further