2004 College Football Trash Talk Thread

Hey Shuf, you realize that if things fall how they should the KU/Mizzou game this year should decide who gets to go to KC?

Talk about an awesome rivalry game.

I still have no faith in the jayhawks, next year maybe.

WE have no senior starters of any importance.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well said Purdue :notworthy

I feel for you Steve, I am sure it is tough trying to convince the Illini fans that Mich State truly has the better team.

I'm really unbiased on this topic cause I don't like either team but imo Illinois is the better team.

Just wait.... You heard it here first...  ;) It's a huge accomplishment to get through the big 10 undefeated.  It's not going to happen this year...

If Wisconsin comes into the game with a loss, I won't be surprised if Iowa pulls it out. But the Badgers will have too much on the line. As a Northwestern fan I shouldn't be saying teams don't lose those games. 2 straight years Michigan, thanks to Tim Biakabutuka, destroyed Ohio St. giving NU a Rose Bowl appearance and a share of the Big Ten title back to back years. :) Also, on the other end, I saw Purdue destroy Indiana en route to Pasadena in 2000 taking away any glimmer of hope NU had at going to the Rose Bowl. As their reward for being co-Big Ten champs they got the f***ing Alamo Bowl, thank you very much bowl committees. Ahh... memories. :lol:

Edited by danman31

And Illinois is better at every other position than MSU besides Center and if someone wants to try to argue that be my guest.  I don't remember anyone on this board thinking Illinois was going to win the title last year, I thought they would get to the Sweet 16 and lose to Duke and thats what they did.  I also have said on here before that I thought Wisconsin was the best team in the Big 10 followed by UI and that MSU was a distant third.  How that shows I thought they would win the title is beyond me.  Yes, this year I do think Illinois has a legit shot at the national title and should be preseason top 5.  However, I also feel the same holds true for UNC, Kansas, Wake, GT, and Syracuse.  If anything before the season started last year it was MSU fans overrating their team, and I especially loved them saying their backcourt was better than Illinois.

Dicky V would disagree with you....

The Davis over Augustine matchup doesn't give MSU the advantage over Illinois, not even close.

The Davis over Augustine matchup doesn't give MSU the advantage over Illinois, not even close.

Nope, it's the superior play, better quality team, and just overall better players. There is so much more that makes State a better team. :lol:

Sorry, you left yourself way to open for that one. :P

If Wisconsin comes into the game with a loss, I won't be surprised if Iowa pulls it out. But the Badgers will have too much on the line. As a Northwestern fan I shouldn't be saying teams don't lose those games. 2 straight years Michigan, thanks to Tim Biakabutuka, destroyed Ohio St. giving NU a Rose Bowl appearance and a share of the Big Ten title back to back years. :) Also, on the other end, I saw Purdue destroy Indiana en route to Pasadena in 2000 taking away any glimmer of hope NU had at going to the Rose Bowl. As their reward for being co-Big Ten champs they got the f***ing Alamo Bowl, thank you very much bowl committees. Ahh... memories. :lol:

Danman, I don't know if you're a gambler, but if you are I'd take NU plus the points this weekend. They're getting 12 and a half. I think there is a good chance that Wisconsin has a letdown after that Purdue game, but more importantly, Erasmus James is out and NU is going to get a huge lift with Loren Howard playing again(probably won't be 100%, but it is big having their leader back). A victory still may be a longshot, but I think they'll keep it close.

You know you are reaching when you say Dicky V would disagree with you. For the record, Dicky V would disagree with you IlliniKrush since he ranks MSU 5th and the Illini 12th in his preseason top 30 poll. As an independant party(IU fan), I think the two teams are very even, and that you can make an arugement for either being the top team in the Big 10. I just thought it was kind of funny that IlliniKrush used Dicky V to support his opinion, and the fact is that Dicky V disagrees with him. It just goes to show that you should probably do a little research if you are going to use an article/expert to support your opinion.

Here's a rule I've learned in life. Never, ever, bet on Northwestern. No good can come of it.

I've found that betting on them to cover works well, they usually seem to do fine(obviously some seasons you have to stay away). I usually find them failing when they are the favorite. Anyways, I'm looking forward to seeing if they can hang with the Badgers.

You know you are reaching when you say Dicky V would disagree with you. For the record, Dicky V would disagree with you IlliniKrush since he ranks MSU 5th and the Illini 12th in his preseason top 30 poll. As an independant party(IU fan), I think the two teams are very even, and that you can make an arugement for either being the top team in the Big 10. I just thought it was kind of funny that IlliniKrush used Dicky V to support his opinion, and the fact is that Dicky V disagrees with him. It just goes to show that you should probably do a little research if you are going to use an article/expert to support your opinion.

Maybe it should have been in green. I thought the string of ............. would have made it obvious, but it was sarcastic. I realize like everyone else taht Dickey V is a moron

I've found that betting on them to cover works well, they usually seem to do fine(obviously some seasons you have to stay away). I usually find them failing when they are the favorite. Anyways, I'm looking forward to seeing if they can hang with the Badgers.

Well last year the basketball team was playing at Ohio St. The Cats ended up finishing higher in the Big Ten as some of you may remember. OSU was favored because they were at home. The spread was somewhere from 5-7 points. I made a $10 bet with my OSU fan friend (he's still getting tons of s*** for football this year) that the Cats would cover. They get freaking shellacked only to make a run at the end and lose by 8. The next game they beat Wisconsin 69-51. :rolly

Well last year the basketball team was playing at Ohio St. The Cats ended up finishing higher in the Big Ten as some of you may remember. OSU was favored because they were at home. The spread was somewhere from 5-7 points. I made a $10 bet with my OSU fan friend (he's still getting tons of s*** for football this year) that the Cats would cover. They get freaking shellacked only to make a run at the end and lose by 8. The next game they beat Wisconsin 69-51. :rolly

My mistake, forgot to mention football only on my comment. Basketball is way too iffy.

Danman, I don't know if you're a gambler, but if you are I'd take NU plus the points this weekend. They're getting 12 and a half. I think there is a good chance that Wisconsin has a letdown after that Purdue game, but more importantly, Erasmus James is out and NU is going to get a huge lift with Loren Howard playing again(probably won't be 100%, but it is big having their leader back). A victory still may be a longshot, but I think they'll keep it close.

That isn't looking so hot(17-0). NU can't get any passing yards, Wisconsin is getting some big holes in the running game and made a couple of big passing plays. Randy's gotta come up with something at halftime.

For good luck, maybe:

Hail! to the victors valiant

Hail! to the conqu'ring heroes

Hail! Hail! to Michigan

the leaders and best

Hail! to the victors valiant

Hail! to the conqu'ring heroes

Hail! Hail! to Michigan,

the champions of the West!

Don't have a good feeling about today's game, but here goes nothing.