First Day of School

The Beast

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously if any of you have any Math questions, don't hesitate to ask me. I'm a math teacher at Bogan on Chicago's south side. I'll be giving my kids no more than 5-6 problems for homework a day. After they turn in their homework, I'll put the answers on the overhead with the work included for a couple minutes and then start the lecture.

PM me if ya need math help...

Seriously if any of you have any Math questions, don't hesitate to ask me.  I'm a math teacher at Bogan on Chicago's south side.  I'll be giving my kids no more than 5-6 problems for homework a day.  After they turn in their homework, I'll put the answers on the overhead with the work included for a couple minutes and then start the lecture.

I play basketball with kids from bogan daily. :)

Seriously if any of you have any Math questions, don't hesitate to ask me.  I'm a math teacher at Bogan on Chicago's south side.  I'll be giving my kids no more than 5-6 problems for homework a day.  After they turn in their homework, I'll put the answers on the overhead with the work included for a couple minutes and then start the lecture.

I think teachers are dumbasses sometimes.

"I check homework for completeness, not rightness or wrongness."

Okay, I mean what the hell? Homework is supposed to tell what you learned in class and to reinforce what was taught.

Just a thought.

We are not required to do homework in Calculus. I have to think the reason is because the teacher will know if you did the homework come test time. Plus, you are allowed to ask questions, and with only 5 of us in the class, we can spend time on the previous assignment.

That’s exactly how I feel about the new math teacher that I have. She’s a very nice person but she honestly doesn’t review the homework she gives us. I’ve purposely added wrong answers to some math questions and always end up with a 10 out of 10. What the hell? Is she even paying attention? :stick

"I check homework for completeness, not rightness or wrongness."

Okay, I mean what the hell? Homework is supposed to tell what you learned in class and to reinforce what was taught.

Just a thought.

Bogan is not your typical highschool Beastly-son. Attendance for majority of these students is a problem, and completing homework is damn near impossible. Teachers just aren't going to care whether or not its done correctly.

Heather, you can't dispute this....yet. You're still the bright eyed, fresh faced college graduate eager to teach. These kids will break your spirit soon enough. There will come a day when all you'll care about is collecting a paycheck.

Bogan is not your typical highschool Beastly-son.  Attendance for majority of these students is a problem, and completing homework is damn near impossible.  Teachers just aren't going to care whether or not its done correctly. 

Heather, you can't dispute this....yet.  You're still the bright eyed, fresh faced college graduate eager to teach.  These kids will break your spirit soon enough.  There will come a day when all you'll care about is collecting a paycheck.

Then if these kids are ditching and having problems with attendance, why not put them in a separate class? Seriously.

You do not commit to academics, you will suffer the HARSH consequences.

I hate that they misplaced me in my Math.

Your first day just now?? Today was my 12th day of school...I've already taken a calculus, physics and econ test, done 2 essays and 1 oral presentation....get your collective Illinois asses in gear...!

I'll second that, one analysis test, like 3 health quizes, ap lit test. :(

That’s exactly how I feel about the new math teacher that I have. She’s a very nice person but she honestly doesn’t review the homework she gives us. I’ve purposely added wrong answers to some math questions and always end up with a 10 out of 10. What the hell? Is she even paying attention?  :stick

My Intermediate Algebra teacher last year was a new one fresh out of college. I had her second semester, and on the first day you could tell she had SERIOUS trouble during first semester with her kids. First day, she goes and tells us all these strict rules, one being no bathroom at all during class. Now, my class was full of the dumbass kinds of preps and jocks, and the stupid kinds of girls that just do whatever the boys say. Needless to say, they all gave her pure hell. After a month they had gotten back bathroom privelages, as many times as they wanted per day. Anyways, she checked homework for completeness too, I bulls***ted the whole thing every day. Got 100% every time. Awhile ago I stressed to Heather how to not lose to the kids, I really don't want to see her end up like Ms. Ryterske. :(

Then if these kids are ditching and having problems with attendance, why not put them in a separate class? Seriously.

What you suggested doesn't make much sense. How would switching schedules have any effect on the issue?

You do not commit to academics, you will suffer the HARSH consequences.

Why should any Chicago Public High School student listen to you when rappers and professional sports figures are making millions?

Beastly, its rather simple to explain: some students/teachers don't care about their education. Repeating guidance counselor rhetoric and spouting inspirational ideas won't do s*** if no one is willing to listen.

Bogan is not your typical highschool Beastly-son.  Attendance for majority of these students is a problem, and completing homework is damn near impossible.  Teachers just aren't going to care whether or not its done correctly. 

Heather, you can't dispute this....yet.  You're still the bright eyed, fresh faced college graduate eager to teach.  These kids will break your spirit soon enough.  There will come a day when all you'll care about is collecting a paycheck.

I know many kids from bogan and you can say school is not their number 1 priority.