Why on earth is Jose Valentin still in the lineup?

AngelasDaddy0427

It boggles the mind how we have three solid defensive infield talents that have to ride the bench at some point or another in favor of this jackass.

I'm sorry but I'd rather see Joe Crede hit .230 and at least show some competency with the glove then have Jose hit .220 and show his ole' stone hands. Uribe needs to be the everyday short stop period. It's time to leave Jose in the past.

It boggles the mind how we have three solid defensive infield talents that have to ride the bench at some point or another in favor of this jackass.

I'm sorry but I'd rather see Joe Crede hit .230 and at least show some competency with the glove then have Jose hit .220 and show his ole' stone hands. Uribe needs to be the everyday short stop period. It's time to leave Jose in the past.

:headshake More ranting :sleep

Either way I'm glad to see Jose gone...

It's been a nice run, don't let the door hit your ass on the way out :headbang  :headbang  :headbang

Oh come on now Jose did some positive things for this club. He is a heck of a guy that will be missed in the clubhouse. Its just time for him and the Sox to move on. Jose you had a good run with us and I tip my cap to some of the clutch hits and outstanding plays you made in the field

Wilson Valdez was called up today....... it will change soon enough.

Jose is in the lineup becasue he plays hard everyday. The guy is having a tough year batting average wise, but ypu don't hear him make excuses either. However, if Valdez is called up now then I am sure he will get some playing time. He can't do much worse then any other Sox call up this season.

I just can't see how or why everyone loves this guy so much. "Clubhouse guy who tries hard" with a .218 batting average? WOW. A guy who swings for the fences every time up there instead of going the other way and taking the base hit?

By the way, I'm not talking about last year. I'm talking about this year and his time is up, IMO.

I was watching the game yesterday and saw .218.  Damn.  The dude can't even hit his weight.  How sad is that?

Some team will look at his power numbers though and offer him a starting job though. But when you look at his average and his OBP is below .300, I don't want him around on the Southside any longer. I was extremely upset when we picked up his $5 million option last off - season, because I thought we could get a better replacement. Hopefully we will this off - season.

He has long been a clutch hitter late in the games, but im still sick of the "Jose ball" that he plays. I would love to see some stats on how many 1 for 5 games he had with four k's and 1 bomb. We shoulda saved money going into this season on his contract to begin with. And in response to the Joe Crede comment, I would rather have joe hitting 190 on a different team, because regardless of his above avergae fielding, his huge swing will never make it at this level :fthecubs

I just can't see how or why everyone loves this guy so much.  "Clubhouse guy who tries hard" with a .218 batting average?  WOW.  A guy who swings for the fences every time up there instead of going the other way and taking the base hit?

By the way, I'm not talking about last year.  I'm talking about this year and his time is up, IMO.

The biggest problem is that Jose is starting every game against LHP against which he is hitting .160. In the past years he has had Tony G to come off of the bench to play those games. Now that Willie is playing 2nd, Uribe is the only decent bat against LHP to come off of the bench, and he takes Willie's place because he is even worse against LHP than Jose is. If they found another bat to replace Jose against LHP he would be hitting his usual .250.

I was being facetious, your preaching to the choir. Where exactly has Jose led this team? I don't dislike the guy, but it's time for some big changes. Jose has said he'd come back for less money and a lot of people around here saw that as a 'team player-unselfish' move. I saw it as a desperate guy who knows he is beginning his decline, kinda sad.

Jose can be a leader for the Expos.

We don't need him. We need Juan at SS and Willie at 2B. We need to sign a decent RF. Maybe Maggs will take a paycut. We need to keep Konerko and Lee around. We need to get a new 3B (as much as it pains me to say it since I do wish Joe would come around). We need AROW in there everyday.

We will be fine we just need to trim the fat.

I'll get hung for this, but here goes. We have a "core team" that needs the boot. It hasn't gotten it done for the last 3 and a half years (if not for the hot start in 2000... FOUR years).

I think if you bring in some real "players" you will see things turn around. By "players", I mean getting some guys that will be smart out there. We need guys at the top of the order who will get on to set the plate for the meat of the lineup (terribly lacking especially this year).

We need some guys who can at least hit .250 at the bottom of the order. Two -teens don't cut it.

Pitching. I think we're close with the signings of Garcia and bringing on Jose C. Garland - if he could just get his head on straight. I get the feeling if he is indeed traded he will bust out. I hate to say it but watch... Texas - with Orel Hershiser would be a great place for Garland.

But - I don't think Soriano is going anywhere. That's just me. Texas has a decent shortstop in the farm, IIRC. That would be my guess.

Anyway, back to the Sox. These guys need pieces to complement the puzzle and get rid of the "core" that has led us to three years of mediocrity. Uribe and Harris, IMO, are not those guys. We shall see, let's hope they prove me wrong.

Kap, I agree, I think the biggest problem is hitting. I keep hearing people complain and hope for more pitching, I just can't see how that's a prority over offense. If people would take a step back and look at this team, not as Sox fans, but objectively, they'll realize that an every day line up that includes, Crede, Borchard, Harris and Uribe is not going to get it done, no matter who the rest of the line up is, or who is on the hill for us.