Vizquel to Sox-2 years, 8 mil?

shagar69

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the rules are different when a team declines an option.

Omar Vizquel - SS - Indians

ESPN's Peter Gammons reports that the White Sox and Omar Vizquel could be close to agreeing to a two-year, $8 million contract.

Of course, GMs aren't supposed to be discussing money with another team's free agents right now. Still, it wouldn't be surprising if this were true. Vizquel is exactly what the White Sox think they need. Oct. 30 - 2:24 pm et From rotoworld.

Welcome to soxtalk. :cheers

If we give him 4 million a year then we are making a mistake.

I can't believe we are that eager get another Robbie Alomar.

Also don't expect any higher then .250-.260 since thats all he did for quite a few years before this year.

You really have to get over it. He is nothing like alomar and never will be.

If we give him 4 million a year then we are making a mistake.

I can't believe we are that eager get another Robbie Alomar.

Also don't expect any higher then .250-.260 since thats all he did for quite a few years before this year.

I agree....

I am expecting him to have a 250-260 avg w/above average defensive skills, good baserunner, smart player, 3-6 hr.

I think he is overpriced at 4 million but I wont dwell on it and will be a vizquel fan for this upcoming season.

I like the idea of Having Omar at SS his defense will more then make-up for any fall off in the offensive production at that position. The main thing everyone needs to understand is that Omar does all the little things great that is why for 4 million I have no problem with the pick-up "if " it happens. I think this would be a great start to the off-season shores up our infield perfectly. Someone here mentioned Dye and Hildago as our potential OF pick up god I hope that doesnt happen I cant stand Hildago he sucks I would rather have Dye then him but lets hope that we have neither, I couldn't watch another year pass with Dye being on the sidelines injured or Hildago hitting 230. As for Omar that I would love to see.

This is just speculation, but I would think Omar would take a little less if they gave him a club option for a third year with a modest buyout.

I'd be willing to give him $5 next year, if the option year is 2006. I don't wanna take a chance on a guy who had .244/.321/.336 and 255/.323/.334 seasons in 2 of his last 4 years. I don't think he can put up consistant performance year after year.

I'd be willing to give him $5 next year, if the option year is 2006.  I don't wanna take a chance on a guy who had .244/.321/.336 and 255/.323/.334  seasons in 2 of his last 4 years.  I don't think he can put up consistant performance year after year.

Keep in mind that in 2003 he was done after about 50-60 games.....

I'd be willing to give him $5 next year, if the option year is 2006.  I don't wanna take a chance on a guy who had .244/.321/.336 and 255/.323/.334  seasons in 2 of his last 4 years.  I don't think he can put up consistant performance year after year.

Rex, didn't you say that that vizquel wants a guaranteed two year deal. If that is the case i am sure he would not go for cheats offer. I know i have have seen it some where just not sure where.

That isn't the problem.  The fact that he can't bunt and he can't swing to hit the ball the other way is what makes him a horrible #2 hitter.  If you can't move runners over, you shouldn't hit #2.

He was one of the better bunters on the team and imo, I thought he did a good job when necessary. I'll take him in the two hole any day of the week if he produces like he did this year.

Especially with Frank, CLee and Konerko as power hitters.

Aaron Rowand in the 2 hole >>>>>> Aaron Rowand in the 6hole, imo. He gets tons of extra base hits and uses the entire field. His whiffs are a little higher then I'd like from a 2 hole hitter and his walks are low, but he gets tons of extra base hits and still does a solid job handling the bat.

However, I think Omar will be in the 2 hole.

Seems a bit pricy to me.  I think we could(ve) got(get) cabrera for 3 yr 18 million....

I think that is much better quality, and id much rather have a 1 yr deal w/ vizquel.  He had his best year since 2000 and that worries me since he might be just trying to make his last cash in before becoming a manager.

Anyway, i dont really like this move but i still will be a vizquel fan if it goes through and hope he does well.........

The same article quotes Cabrerra in the the 4 yr 30 mill range, which would be ridiculous to offer, imo.

He was one of the better bunters on the team and imo, I thought he did a good job when necessary.  I'll take him in the two hole any day of the week if he produces like he did this year. 

Especially with Frank, CLee and Konerko as power hitters. 

Aaron Rowand in the 2 hole >>>>>> Aaron Rowand in the 6hole, imo.  He gets tons of extra base hits and uses the entire field.  His whiffs are a little higher then I'd like from a 2 hole hitter and his walks are low, but he gets tons of extra base hits and still does a solid job handling the bat.

However, I think Omar will be in the 2 hole.

Pretty sure there was an article in the Southtown a month or 2 ago saying when A-Row hit in the #6 or #7 hole, we had at least a 60% winning rate.

Pretty sure there was an article in the Southtown a month or 2 ago saying when A-Row hit in the #6 or #7 hole, we had at least a 60% winning rate.

In the six hole he hit .429 and in the seven hole he hit .302 so i am gonna take it that they said the 6th hole. ;)

5-6 million a year is more than enough for cabrera. He is easily one of the most overated players in the game.

Cabrerra has tools and is a fantastic defensive player. I think he has the talent to be a good offensive player too, but this is a guy thats yet to put it all together and 7 plus a year...YA RIGHT.

I'm with you completely and I'm a Cabrerra fan. Had he not gone to Boston he probably would of gotten 4 mill a year.