Rumors thread

witesoxfan

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FWIW, my buddy called me up and said his dad heard on the radio (I'm assuming it's was on ESPN 1000, WGN 720, or 670 the Score) and said the Sox are interested in Pyrzinski (sp?), former Twinkie/Giant catcher.

Take it FWIW, I'm not seeing anything on rotoworld or any rumors anywhere else yet...

I'm hearing whispers from the Up North that Jacque will be a starting OF for the Flubs.  Its just a matter of time.  Hendry is going to make it happen though. 

So long Jacque.  Enjoy the success of former Twink-gone Cub LaToya Hawkins.

ive heard that jacque is going to the giants bye bye jacque :santabye

One more thing -- what type of pitcher is Kevin Milwood? I don't really know a lot about him. Is he a strikeout pitcher? Groundball pitcher? Can he eat up innings (if he's healthy)? What I'm getting at, would it be a wise decision for the Sox to go after him at a reasonable price?

One more thing -- what type of pitcher is Kevin Milwood?  I don't really know a lot about him.  Is he a strikeout pitcher?  Groundball pitcher?  Can he eat up innings (if he's healthy)?  What I'm getting at, would it be a wise decision for the Sox to go after him at a reasonable price?

:puke

One more thing -- what type of pitcher is Kevin Milwood?  I don't really know a lot about him.  Is he a strikeout pitcher?  Groundball pitcher?  Can he eat up innings (if he's healthy)?  What I'm getting at, would it be a wise decision for the Sox to go after him at a reasonable price?

He's a Boras guy Keith.

He'll demand about the same as Derek Lowe. Although I like Milwood, the chances of him coming to the South Side are slim to none, and we all know where slim went.

He can be a horse when healthy and tends to be a groundball pitcher, although last year's numbers wouldn't indicate that.

It doesn't look as if Orlando Hernandez is going to return to the Yankees. El Duque, who is searching for a two-year deal, has drawn interest from the Braves, Red Sox and Dodgers. With the Yankees, he would be a sixth starter. It's believed the other clubs are offering a spot in the rotation.

from rotoworld:

The Marlins only intend to trade A.J. Burnett as part of a three-team deal that nets them Tim Hudson, the South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports.

The Red Sox, Orioles, Yankees and Dodgers are among the teams that might get involved in a three-team trade, but if the Marlins are really set on having either Burnett or Hudson, it's unlikely that anything will happen. It just shouldn't be worth it for them to upgrade. Burnett is certainly a bigger risk, but he has as much upside as Hudson does. Dec. 16 - 4:57 am et

A.J news;

Word in Boston is that the Red Sox are still trying to unload ex-Twins first baseman Doug Mientkiewicz. Meanwhile, the Red Sox are said to be interested in ex-Twins catcher A.J. Pierzynski, released Tuesday by the San Francisco Giants, but for about $1.5 million. That would be less than half of his salary this year.

For a one year deal it didn't seem to bad.  You pay a little more not to go long term and Byrd is a quality pitcher.  He pitched well last season and his numbers should stay in that area, maybe go to 4.00 at the highest if healthy.

He's already shown he can pitch in the AL.

I'll apologize ahead of time for being on a "salary kick" today......

The way things are done in baseball are ass backward. A players SHOULD get less money per year for signing a long term deal and more for a one year deal.

Multi-year deals give the player security, yet that security often results in lesser results. In baseball, players get it both ways. The system forces teams to reward players for staying with them, in hopes that they will become great and outperform the long-term deal. But what happens when that player regresses? Nothing. The player continues to cash his fat check while his team labors in 5th place!

It just makes no economic sense whatsoever.

Interesting note I found about the Jaret Wright deal. I guess the Yankees were a little smarter than we knew....

New York and Jaret Wright agreed his $21 million, three-year contract, will have a provision that gives the Yankees the right to void the third season if he has a serious shoulder injury during the first two years that causes him to go on the disabled list for a specified period, which will be set at 60-90 days. If Wright remains healthy, he would gain the ability to void the third year of the contract and become a free agent again.