RF Options

striker

Which player would you like to see in RF next season?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Which player would you like to see in RF next season?

• Joe Bochard
    • Jose Guillen
    • Shawn Green
    • Cliff Floyd
    • Juan Gonzalez
    • Jermaine Dye
    • Richard Hidalgo
    • Brian Jordan
    • Jeromy Burnitz

i voted for joe borchard just because i figured id be the only one and then could proceed to make a joke out of it

I CANT BELIEVE 8 PEOPLE VOTED FOR THIS ASS CLOWN!

wow!

/me shakes head

i dont get it, but god damn am i glad you are not in charge of this team

why do people like guillen?  sure he's a really good player but he's a horrible clubhouse guy... i just dont like his attitude at all... i wouldnt want him around here...

Because he's been awesome the past 2 years offensively and he's been one of the reasons his team has been in the playoffs 2 straight years.

He may not be the best guy in the clubhouse, but there are bigger things to worry about then a guy who can do things to piss off a team. Hell, sometimes teams can fuel off of players acting like assholes...remember 2002 what happened after Bonds and Kent went after each other's throats? Ozzie's the kind of manager that could try to build momentum around that, like Baker did in San Fran.

and a nutjob, we be spending more on Psyc tests than his salary

Jeromy Burnitz, a stop gap till Anderson is ready to play.. nice pop for a lefthanded bat that we need in the lineup.

That's irony at it's best right there.

Calling Jose Guillen a nutjob and then suggesting we get Jeromy Burnitz...considering that Burnitz has never played on a winner, although he has been on teams that have been capable of winning. Might be a coincidence...but I'm not gonna risk it.

That's irony at it's best right there.

Calling Jose Guillen a nutjob and then suggesting we get Jeromy Burnitz...considering that Burnitz has never played on a winner, although he has been on teams that have been capable of winning.  Might be a coincidence...but I'm not gonna risk it.

Wait wait.. all those Milwaukee teams were winners? :huh:

Wait wait.. all those Milwaukee teams were winners? :huh:

What was he doing in 2002 with the Mets when they assembled a bunch of soon-to-be losers? That's right, he was busy hitting .215 19 54 .677. Then the Mets had very low expectations in 2003, and he ended up starting the year hitting .274 18 45 .925 with the Mets in 65 games. He was then traded to LA, who actually had a chance at winning, and he promptly went to the s***ter again, going .204 13 32 .643 down the stretch for LA.

You look throughout his career, and every year he's been on a team that had very low expectations, he's been a solid player at the very least(all those years with Milwaukee, 2003 with the Mets, and this past year with the Rockies). When he's been on teams with high expectations(2002 Mets, 2003 with the Dodgers), he's been absolutely pitiful.

I want no part of Burnitz at all, even if we were going to be s***ty.

I don't think you can judge Jeromy's character based on losing season (unless you know soemthing specific). Look at what a guy like Orlando cabrera, a career loser, does in a playoff chase. Sometimes it brings out the best in people. Now, he was traded to a contender in LA in 03 and was horrible, but that offense had NOTHING going for it.

Guest hawaiisoxfn

Joe Borchard is a likely option, but not a very good one. Jose Guillen is a cancer, and so is Juan Gonzalez. Gonzo also has been marred by injuries. Shawn Green is way too expensive. Anderson will be ready soon, so we dont need a 16 million dollar stopgap. Jermaine Dye and Richard Hidalgo are too expensive for a two year stopgap. I dont think Brian Jordan has anything left. Burnitz and Floyd are the best options there. They dont cost that much, but theyll put up decent numbers. You might think Burnitz numbers have been inflated by Coors Field, but remember, USCF is the Coors Field of the AL. Id give a slight edge to Burnitz because Floyd has had problems with injuries. However, I would be happy with either of those two.

Jermaine Dye. I heard this thing on the radio today and they were saying how Dye was playing pretty banged up during the 2nd half of the season (hand injury or something). I think someone else posted something on this as well.

But he has good power and he was playing at a big time pitcher park (Oakland). I think he would do .275, 30, 90 in Chicago. Plus he plays a good RF.

If the Sox trade Lee, then I expect Everett in left, Rowand in CF and Dye in RF. That would be a nice OF, imo. Although you have injury concerns in Everett and Dye, but I think Dye is back from his leg injury and should only get better this year.

Guest hawaiisoxfn

Lets not trade Lee. Why does everyone seem to want to trade either Lee or Konerko? Ok, Konerko might have some big faults (lack of speed, no road production) but Lee could be another Frank Thomas. Maybe not the .310 average every year, but 30 homeruns and 100 RBIs he could do on a consistent basis. Not to mention he could steal 15 bases or so. Not identical in evey aspect, such as patience (although Lee is by no means bad) and Lee is turning out to be good with the glove, not to mention his arm. With Maggs leaving, we should build this team around a guy like Lee.

Lets not trade Lee. Why does everyone seem to want to trade either Lee or Konerko? Ok, Konerko might have some big faults (lack of speed, no road production) but Lee could be another Frank Thomas. Maybe not the .310 average every year, but 30 homeruns and 100 RBIs he could do on a consistent basis. Not to mention he could steal 15 bases or so. Not identical in evey aspect, such as patience (although Lee is by no means bad) and Lee is turning out to be good with the glove, not to mention his arm. With Maggs leaving, we should build this team around a guy like Lee.

If we are going to trade anybody, Konerko should be the one. I agree we need to build around with Lee. We dont want to lose all our offense, we should remember we have a couple of aging players.