New Ticket Prices

Rooftop Shots

Not Consistent enough. When last year the sox were in the Hunt it was 30000 in the park when they went down hill the people stoped going to games. Put out a good product a porduct that gets to the playoffs and people will come. I'm sick of settlling for second every year. BULLs*** The goal sould be playoffs not over .500 ball ;)

So you are saying the Sox have nothing but bandwagon fans??

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was talking about Maggs, Valentin, and most likely Konerko. Total $28ML.

Maggs is an ass; Jose sucks ass and Konerko is only going to be traded for another valuable player, imo. Plus that hasn't happened yet.

The Sox also added Freddy Garcia, Jose Contreras and potentially a good starter via fa/trade.

No, more like fans who hate Mediocre

Hating mediocrity and only supporting the team when it wins, pretty much defines bandwagon fans, Josh. Obviously you are not one. But I think it is hard to deny the fact that unfortunately, for the Sox to succeed at the box office, they have to rely on the bandwagon jumpers.

In Reinsdick's 25 years or so of ownership - how many division titles, how many ALCS appearances, how many World Series appearances, and how many rings? 3 worthless division titles, 2 ACLS appearances, NO WS appearances, and no wins. What a great owner!! LOL!!

Thank you. You may now go back to defending a lying sack of s*** owner who talks a big game, but doesn't give a s*** about fielding a good or GREAT team - he only cares about profits.

Hating mediocrity and only supporting the team when it wins, pretty much defines bandwagon fans, Josh.  Obviously you are not one.  But I think it is hard to deny the fact that unfortunately, for the Sox to succeed at the box office, they have to rely on the bandwagon jumpers.

Well so be it Rex. If they want the Bandwagon fans they gotta spend. I don't care who's bandwagon fan, I care about my team Winning and getting to the Series. And I know a hell of a lot of people here and on the other board would agree. But for this team to Win Reisndork has to sell

In Reinsdick's 25 years or so of ownership - how many division titles, how many ALCS appearances, how many World Series appearances, and how many rings?  3 worthless division titles, 2 ACLS appearances, NO WS appearances, and no wins.  What a great owner!!  LOL!!

Thank you.  You may now go back to defending a lying sack of s*** owner who talks a big game, but doesn't give a s*** about fielding a good or GREAT team - he only cares about profits.

Past, your act gets old and tired sometimes. You are like a broken record, making accusations without facts.

Don't know if this issue was posted on an earlier date, but usually every year I get a 9 game package which guarantees lower deck boxes to any game. Just received my 9 game order form in the mail. No wonder Yankees, Red Sox , Angels and Dodgers play on wekends this year. They are all in a special group at $39.00 per ticket, Cubs games are now at $44.00 per tick..Depending on the team and date, the others range from $30.00 to $34.00. Definately NO PACKAGE for me this year.

Tickets are sold by which team / and day is in which bracket. Too much to explain, but here's the breakdown.

Regular            Prime            Premier        Cubs

L.D.Box        $30.00            $34.00            $39.00        $44.00

L.D.Reserved $26.00            $30.00            $35.00        $40.00

Bleachers        $24.00            $28.00            $33.00        $38.00

U.D.Box          $18.00          $22.00        $27.00            $32.00

U.D.Reservd    $14.00          $18.00        $23.00            $28.00 

Last year the teams I wanted were...... I think it was $520.00. This year, the same thing would cost me $630.00!    Add $17.00 parking per game and the cost is now $680.00 for 2 tickets for only 9 games! Add to the fact that we had (How many 30.000 plus.... fan attended games last year?) Plus dumping Maggs/ Valentin/And possibly Konerko's salary.  My gosh, how can the spending of money on players even be an issue? This is just plain nuts.

Ticket prices have rose since 2000 like crazy yet JR cries whoa is me bulls***, I frankly have become tired of JR'S lies and KW bottomline act.

This was covered last year when the Sox did the same thing. It is called premium tickets and I agree with it 100%. I bet they sell out all of these games at these outrageous prices. Now what is the price of a Tuesday game against the Royals.

It is the simple theory of Supply and Demand. The price of the good games go up but people will still buy them. The games that no one goes to, stay the same.

Hating mediocrity and only supporting the team when it wins, pretty much defines bandwagon fans, Josh.  Obviously you are not one.  But I think it is hard to deny the fact that unfortunately, for the Sox to succeed at the box office, they have to rely on the bandwagon jumpers.

Is it too much to expect management to give the team the tools it needs to truly be competitive? To set a high standard?

I think Reinsdorf would make a lot more money if he'd invest in a top notch player or 2 that would make us truly competitive. We're gonna always be stuck in that plus minus 10 games from 500 at the rate we're going.........and getting all the great tee times in October too.

Rex,

You know what really gets old and tired? An owner who makes big promises, and who says all the nice things, and then does nothing about it. And it also gets old and tired watching other teams go to the playoffs while the Sox sit at home as spectators.

I have no facts? Well, according to Baseball books all over the place, the Sox haven't been in the ALCS since 1993, haven't been to the World Series since 1959, and have been to the playoffs only THREE times in JR's 20+ years as owner. THAT'S A FACT.

I'm so sorry that my posts bother you so much. :huh

Rex,

You know what really gets old and tired?  An owner who makes big promises, and who says all the nice things, and then does nothing about it.  And it also gets old and tired watching other teams go to the playoffs while the Sox sit at home as spectators. 

I have no facts?  Well, according to Baseball books all over the place, the Sox haven't been in the ALCS since 1993, and haven't been to the World Series since 1959.  THAT'S A FACT.

I'm so sorry that my posts bother you so much. :huh

The "facts" you seem to want to throw out there with nothing to back them up, is "profit". You seem convinced the Sox are making money hand over fist. I do not, nor have I ever seen ANY evidence to the contrary.

Sure the Sox have been mired in mediocrity for a long time, but should it really shock anyone that their payroll in comparison to other teams is pretty damned close to the same ratio as Sox attendance to the other clubs???

Get over it. The Sox more than doubled their payroll in 2001, yet did the fans show up in big numbers? NOPE The Sox payroll went up last year, KW went out and got Garcia, Contreras, etc. Did attendance rise?? NOPE

The Sox payroll will never change drastically unless somehow the support happens to do so. That will not happen unless they are able to put together a team that surprises and wins without a big free agent star. Then, the bandwagon fans will jump on and maybe things will change.

The bottom line is, the Chicago White Sox, like all MLB teams are investments for their owners. Just throwing money at the hottest free agents and hoping that will lead the team to victory and riches would be a very high risk proposition. Let's not act like the Yankees would be doing what they do now with the Sox revenue streams. Life is different with some teams. You CHOOSE to be a Chicago White Sox fan. Stop being naive and wake up to the fact that the circumstances behind YOUR team and others that spend more money are vastly different.

You don't have to like it. But try coming up with a new argument about "making huge profits" and "lining their profits" next time. Maybe some people will listen???

You'll have to forgive me, Rex, for thinking big. When I have, it's worked out quite well. I set my sights high the last 10 years and ended up with a wife, job, and home that I really have no right having. I am the poster child for overachievement.

The big difference is that I had control over those things, but I have no control over the Sox payroll.

I just want to win the WS and enjoy the celebration and happiness the "other" Sox fans did a month ago. That's all. I apologize for repeating the same crap - it's out of frustration more than anything else.

You'll have to forgive me, Rex, for thinking big.  When I have, it's worked out quite well.  I set my sights high the last 10 years and ended up with a wife, job, and home that I really have no right having.  I am the poster child for overachievement.

The big difference is that I had control over those things, but I have no control over the Sox payroll. 

I just want to win the WS and enjoy the celebration and happiness the "other" Sox fans did a month ago.  That's all.  I apologize for repeating the same crap - it's out of frustration more than anything else.

I understand where you are coming from...... and I understand frustration. But I have a hard time emotion ruling over logic. That's just me. I'd love to see the Sox win the WS too, but I try to be objective about things. I played baseball through college, so I have never been a big rah-rah guy (at least outwardly), so I sit back and enjoy the game through thinking about what is happening more than just rooting for my team.

Make sense?

Oh, and congrats on the job, wife and house you don't deserve. Some guys play well up a league or two. Sounds like you are holding your own. ;-)