White Sox Sign Jermaine Dye

EvilJester99

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Time for some merging and pinning. And here were my thoughts copied from the rumors thread;

Considering we were going to get him for 3 years $15 mil, we haven't done too badly out of this I guess. If it's true, I'd assume he's making 4 mill in 2004, which will bring payroll up to about $69 mil.

Now were cooking with gas. Wooo I think kenny dosent think this big deal since reading the paper that we wouldnt be doing much and have the same news. I guess it's a trick for all reporters for " under the radar " " swoooosh" Good job kenny now get the starting pitcher and come home:)

If KW gets Odalis Perez for 5 or 6 million and can convince one of Cairo or Polanco to sign, he'll have done his job this offseason. But it's more likely that Konerko is traded and maybe Garland and we end up with Javier Vazquez, depending if the Yanks and D-Backs can agree on something.

Jermaine Dye is one of the single most gifted outfielders on the market. With Dye in right field the Sox will have the best outfield in the AL Central to go along with the Best pitching. The Sox have very quietly been filling their holes this off season, I can't think of any team that has done as much as the Sox to better themselves in the long run. AL Pennant here we come!