Lee for SPod, Vizcaino, and PTBNL

Buehrle>Wood

Just like the trade last season for Garcia, it all hinges on the later aspects. [i.e. signing Garcia to a contract]

Let's see what KW can do with the new salary space freed up. Initially the deal isn't too grand but the move gets us a leadoff hitter which was desperately needed [although not great, still better than what we had last season and a definite improvement in that respect] Plus, Ginter is a 3B that has a bit better average (.262) which is an improvement over Crede's attempts to hover above the Mendoza line. Plus, Miller Park is a pitcher's park so look for their stats to increase a bit coming to the Cell.

If KW can parlay this extra cash into a front-line starter then this deal works for me. If not, then it's not that great.

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought "f*** you Harry" when he switched to Cubs talk so quick.  He did the same thing last week when he said how bad Dye and Dustin were, but said how great the Blanco signing was.

Yeah, because Blanco is so awesome.

i believe that's what KW's plan is.

Currently, Williams has significant money available. As has been posted in this thread.

If he's looking to avoid fan mutiny, I'd suggest he quickly sign a FA. The market is dwindling, and Perez or Clement may be the only quality SP which remain.

We better get another starting pitcher from the free agent market, god dammit Kenny, that's probably why he rushed to Reinsdorf "HEY JERRY! GOOD NEWS! I CAN SAVE US A s*** LOAD OF MONEY BY TRADING CARLOS LEE!!"

We better get a solid starting pitcher.....

CWSOX45

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought "f*** you Harry" when he switched to Cubs talk so quick.  He did the same thing last week when he said how bad Dye and Dustin were, but said how great the Blanco signing was.

It pisses me off because the sox just had a blockbuster trade and this douche switches to cubs talk so f***in quick.

DAMN, we're losing a lot of big names this off-season. Ordonez, Lee, and Valentin.

No more "Ooooooooh-eeeeh-ooooh Maaaaglio"

No more "Jose Jose Jose Jose..."

and no more "El Caballo."

Though we never won s*** with these guys around. It was time for a change.