SPod moving on?

Mr. Showtime

I was watching ESPNnews about 20 minutes ago, and their fantasy baseball expert was talking about the deal and he said, "I've heard he may not even land in Chicago, he may go to Arizona."

I'm guessing he's basing this on whatever new 15 player 3 team deal ESPN reports that lands RJ in NY.

I couldn't even fathom the Sox moving him. Just reporting another "rumor" though.

He could be the first player in franchise history to have the fans pissed when he came and pissed he left, and never play a single inning in a Sox uniform.

I am promising myself to judge all trades at once, when the team leaves Spring Training. Until then, it is all a process.

I was watching ESPNnews about 20 minutes ago, and their fantasy baseball expert was talking about the deal and he said, "I've heard he may not even land in Chicago, he may go to Arizona."

I'm guessing he's basing this on whatever new 15 player 3 team deal ESPN reports that lands RJ in NY.

I couldn't even fathom the Sox moving him. Just reporting another "rumor" though.

What's the new rumor being reported?????

He could be the first player in franchise history to have the fans pissed when he came and pissed he left, and never play a single inning in a Sox uniform.

I am promising myself to judge all trades at once, when the team leaves Spring Training. Until then, it is all a process.

:D this was great

rumor on WSI that from a guy who supposedly konw someone in the bay area. Spod and garland for hudson and kotsay

Haha, if the Sox made that deal I'd scream in excitement. Kotsay as good as Pod and Huddy way better then Garland.

Don't think there is any truth to that. Maybe it could be a starting package, but the Sox would be giving up some other stuff as well. Although I guess it gives Beane some financial flexibility. But I'd have to think Anderson and another prospect would be a part of it as well.

Haha, if the Sox made that deal I'd scream in excitement.  Kotsay as good as Pod and Huddy way better then Garland. 

Don't think there is any truth to that.  Maybe it could be a starting package, but the Sox would be giving up some other stuff as well.  Although I guess it gives Beane some financial flexibility.  But I'd have to think Anderson and another prospect would be a part of it as well.

Not necessarily, Oakland is always in favor of reducing payroll, which this move certainly does. Maybe a throw in or someone, but not Anderson/Sweeney/ or McCarthy.

Haha, if the Sox made that deal I'd scream in excitement.  Kotsay as good as Pod and Huddy way better then Garland. 

Don't think there is any truth to that.  Maybe it could be a starting package, but the Sox would be giving up some other stuff as well.  Although I guess it gives Beane some financial flexibility.  But I'd have to think Anderson and another prospect would be a part of it as well.

Even if anderson and another prospect was included i would do this in a heart beat. We would need to lock up hudson though.

Even if anderson and another prospect was included i would do this in a heart beat. We would need to lock up hudson though.

Agreed. I think Kotsay doesn't give the Sox as much speed, but he's a good top of the order hitter who would hit 20 Hr's at US cell. He also plays good defense and would be my definition of a grinder.

Not positive on this, but I think him and Rowand were teammates at Fullerton. I know Kotsay was all world at Fullerton, but not sure if Rowand was there during Kotsay's tenure.

Lets think about the payroll ramification. I think Kotsay makes like 4-5 mill, Huddy at 6-7 so thats 12 mill maybe. Sox move roughly 4 mill which would mean the 8 mill they had is spent.

But overall they still fill there outfield and get a top of the order guy and get a top of the rotation guy while also strengthening the pen in Pod.

Of course I'd love to find a way to add a catcher. Plus I'm a huge Kotsay fan.

.314 AVG, .370 OBP, 37 2B, 15 HR, 63 RBI, 55 BB, 70 K, 8 SB; Made 5.5 mill in 2004

On a side note, doesn't it seem like Pods is the exact opposite of what Billy likes.

Exactly what I was thinking, this sounds like total bs. He could do better for Hudson alone (arbitration-eligible Garland doesn't give you that much salary relief, nor many years), and I can't believe teams would avoid Kotsay for his $7 mil (?) salary. He had a monster year last season.

That report is total bulls***.

First, Beane is in love with Kotsay. It would take a lot more than Scott f***ing Podsednik to aquire him.

Second, Podsednik is not even Beane's type of player.

Third, do you really think we'd get Tim Hudson and Mark Kotsay for Jon s***head Garland and Scoot Podsednik. I sure as hell don't. If Kenny pulls that deal off he's GM of the year, WAIT, GM of the decade. I'll set up a webcam and eat my hat if that deal goes down.