Pierzynski on waivers

Mr. Showtime

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally want no part of AJ. He isn't that good defensively, and as good of a hitter as he is doesn't offset the major character issues that come with him. Look, character has been at least a mild problem on this team for the past decade. I think adding AJ, who is perhaps the least liked guy in the Sox clubhouse over the past few years, would send a message that the players wouldn't like. Let his tired act festger somewhere else.

I personally want no part of AJ. He isn't that good defensively, and as good of a hitter as he is doesn't offset the major character issues that come with him. Look, character has been at least a mild problem on this team for the past decade. I think adding AJ, who is perhaps the least liked guy in the Sox clubhouse over the past few years, would send a message that the players wouldn't like. Let his tired act festger somewhere else.

He always has a pretty nice cera and is actually a pretty good catcher outside of throwing runners out.

I just understand that the Giants were less that enamored with his D and that's why they went with the superb Mike Matheny( btw I got to watch him everyday in August and September and he is as good or btter than advertised behind the dish). I wasn't basing my critique of him on numbers. Also, this is semi-related but doesn't it seem that SB %'s for both runners and catchers is subject to a good deal of fluctuation? I know Luis Castillo shot up somehting like 35% this year and I thought I remember some catchers going up and down.

I just understand that the Giants were less that enamored with his D and that's why they went with the superb Mike Matheny( btw I got to watch him everyday in August and September and he is as good or btter than advertised behind the dish). I wasn't basing my critique of him on numbers. Also, this is semi-related but doesn't it seem that SB %'s for both runners and catchers is subject to a good deal of fluctuation? I know Luis Castillo shot up somehting like 35% this year and I thought I remember some catchers going up and down.

Matheny is a wizard behind the plate but he as not worth what he got. He is henry blanco with a slightly better bat. Also i do not understand why castillo had such a bad year stealing bases in 2003, very unlike him. He was safe 21 out of 40 times in 2003 and 21 for 25 in 2004.

If I was in KW's situation here, I'd ask one guy on the Sox whether or not we should sign AJ. That would be Mark Buehrle. You'll get an accurate assessment of the players' and pitchers' feelings and reactions to adding him to the club. If Buehrle is ok with it, it's a go. If not, I'd pass.

Pierzynski's a prick, but by no means would he be considered the least liked player from that team. That title belongs to this tool:

Torii%20Hunter.jpg

Wouldn't AJ on the Sox be like when John Starks was on the Bulls?

Awkward, to say the least.

Yeah, but that Bulls team was totally gutted from the glory days when that asswipe joined them. No way would Jordan, Pippen Phil Jackson, or even Rodman would've approved of that if they were still on the team.

Yeah, but that Bulls team was totally gutted from the glory days when that asswipe joined them.  No way would Jordan, Pippen Phil Jackson, or even Rodman would've approved of that if they were still on the team.

Ordonez- gone

Lee- gone

Thomas- out

I see a similar comparison.

Yeah, but that Bulls team was totally gutted from the glory days when that asswipe joined them.  No way would Jordan, Pippen Phil Jackson, or even Rodman would've approved of that if they were still on the team.

Speaking of Rodman, there's an example just like John Stark as far as team hatred, but the Rodman thing worked out totally different. It just goes to show you that you never know. (Two cliches in one sentence. :headbang )

Ordonez- gone

Lee- gone

Thomas- out

I see a similar comparison.

Yes and no.

2 of the big names are gone and Frank's not back until midseason. But the nucleus of the Sox rotation and 25 man roster save for ELo are still here. When Starks came aboard, wasn't it during the glorious age of Brent Barry & Kornel David? Hardly any remnants of the old Bulls-Knicks battles remained when Starks played for the Bulls.

Either way, if KW can swing a deal for Pierzynski, he should go for it.

I strongly dislike AJ, but he would greatly improve our lineup, so I've gotta say we should do everything we can to sign him. Ben Davis is a mediocre backup at best, and he certainly can't be our everyday catcher if we expect to compete in 2005.

Another move the Sox have to do to be viable contenders is sign either Matt Clement or Odalis Perez (or trade for someone like Javier Vazquez if no FAs are available). Our #4 and #5 needs to be at worst Jon Garland and Jose Contreras. If either one of them is our #3, the Sox aren't going anywhere.

I strongly dislike AJ, but he would greatly improve our lineup, so I've gotta say we should do everything we can to sign him.  Ben Davis is a mediocre backup at best, and he certainly can't be our everyday catcher if we expect to compete in 2005.

Another move the Sox have to do to be viable contenders is sign either Matt Clement or Odalis Perez (or trade for someone like Javier Vazquez if no FAs are available).  Our #4 and #5 needs to be at worst Jon Garland and Jose Contreras.  If either one of them is our #3, the Sox aren't going anywhere.

Welcome to Soxtalk! :cheers

Anyway on Przy. Its is intriging to say the least, but I would have to pass. The Sox have been making a real effort to clean up the clubhouse, and if half the stuff about him is true, we won't even look at the guy.

I would love the idea of signing Pierzinski...Why?  Only because he is a former Twin who killed us offensively and we are dying for a catcher!  I just don't think that Ben Davis/Jamie Burke can get the job done...Come on Kenny just take a look!

no thanks. i'm tired of us attempting to rebuild the sox with refuse of the teams that have been beating us.